CHAPTER 13

Blake

We were in bed. That little devil tired both of us. Such a liitle kid and still, so much energy. Too much energy. He fell asleep while we were watching The Lion King. Oh and Bella? She was out like a light even before the movie started. So all I had to do was to wait for David to go to sleep to. Unfortunately, that happened after one hour. First, I carried him to one of the guests bedroom, then I returned for Bella, who was in the same position for the last two hours. Huh, I guess looking after a child is really a hard work. After I changed myself and I turned the lamp off, I was in bed, finally. The quietness did not last too long. The rain began, with thunders and lightnings, and I could feel Bells shivering with cold so I turned and scooped her. I was almost asleep when I heard a shy knock on the door and then I saw David, with his little teddy bear in hand, so I turned the lamp back on.

"Uncle Blake, can I sleep with you guys, pwease?" He asked me and I think I melted in that moment. He was so damn cute.

"Of course buddy, come on. Let's try not to wake your aunt up, okay?" I asked him and I saw him nodding his head.

I slowly lifted the duvet and waited until he layed next to me in bed, then turned the lamp off, again.

"Good night, little man." I said as I kissed his forehead, to calm him down a little bit.

I thought he was already asleep but then he shouted:

"Wait, can I sleep between you two?"

"Inside voice, David, inside voice." 

"Im sowwy." He said and he rubbed his little eyes. I'm freaking melting.

"Blake, what is going on?" I heard a mumbled voice asking. Great, Bella was up too.

"It's just David baby, go back to sleep."

"Bella Bella! Hi Bella!" Yelled the little devil.

"Hi baby. What are you doing here? Did you missed us?"

"I was scared and uncle Blake said I can sleep with you two."

"Of course you can baby. Come here." Bella said as she opened her arms, and David and his teddy were between us in just a few seconds.

"Go to sleep, my little prince."

"Mhh." David hummed and he was out like a light after that.

"I'm sorry he woke you up. He needs to practice the inside voice a litlle more." I told Bella, as she was staring at me.

"It's no problem, uncle Blake."

"Are you teasing me?" I whispered.

"Are you flirting with me?" She whispered back.

"I love the fact that you act like his mother. You'll be the best mom ever, I can feel it already."

"Yes, I'm gonna be the cool mom and you're gonna be the cool daddy. Unless we have a girl."

"And why is that?"

"Because then she'll be daddy's little girl and you'll be even more protective."