CHAPTER 18

Bella

He looks over at me on the couch, and his eyes zone in, anger andintensity pouring through and I can't hide my smugsmile as he approaches, neither of us able to look away.

"Hi baby." I say when he takes a seat right next to me.

"I'm not laughing." he says sternly.

Holding his gaze, I take a sip of my wine and right when he wants to continue  . . .

"Blake, hi!" David shoutes as he enters the living room with James right after him.

"Hi little dudes! Come here guys." Blake says as two little boddies are suddenly on his lap.

"Ywu petty." James exclaims while throwing himself on my chest.

"She's uncle's James. You can't have her." David explaines and we all start laughing, except for Blake, who's looking at James sternly. No idea why the poor baby starts full on crying then. Nora comes towards me chuckling but guess what. James does not let go of me, even better he hold my shirt just above my chest and he looks at Blake's face.

Good one James, I give you that. 

I stand up, rocking his little body side to side, while softly caressing his blond hair. He begins to suck air with his little mouth so Carter gives me his milk bottle. He falls asleep some time later with his body on my stomach and chest and when I look back at Blake, his little wary look is long gone. All I can see in his beautifully deep eyes is love and lust. So all I can do is to go back on the couch, beside him. Ava and Mark are on our right with David on Ava's lap, his head on Mark's chest. Nora and Carter talking quietly while he whispers sweet nothings into her ear. This is my family, my peace. We just need a few more babies until she's complete.

After that night, Blake sure got his payback on me but that's a story for another time. Or better said, just for our souls and maybe for a priest too. But all good things come to an end . . .

***

It's friday. I just got home from a night with the girls at Nora's and Blake is not home even tho it's almost 11 pm, so I call him. No response. Weird. I call him twice, thrice and text him. I'm out if my damn mind when I get a text from him almost forty minutes later saying: 'Still at work, don't wait up. I might sleep here.'

Ok then, love you too my dear husband. I'm woken up by a loud door who closes. I get out of bed and see it's 2 am. I open the hall light to see if Blake came home. I breathe happily when I see my husband, and not some thief. My smile dies when I see the form of a red mouth on his white collar.

"Hi baby. Did I woke you up?" He says when he sees me up, coming to give me a kiss.

"Stay right there." I threaten him, my voice softly cracking.

"What's wrong? Are you alright?"

"You're the exact same asshole, aren't you?"

"What are you talking about Bella?" He looks confused. Hah, I guess I really shouldn't have fallen for him that quickly.

"You have a little something on your shirt." I say and I go back into our bedroom and lock the door, while trying my hardest not to cry in front of him.