6. Catching Up

Later in the evening, after your shower, you run into the living room.

"I just realized something! What about Ragnorok? Is Asgard still in existence?" you ask, startling everyone. Especially Loki and Thor who look over in fear.

"Ragnorok?!" Thor says, with a voice crack.

"Ragnorok?" Rhodey says at the same time, confused.

"In Norse Mythology Ragnorok is a turning point, and is often considered to be the end of the world or is compared to an apocalypse. It ends in great battle that kills many of the gods and results in only two human survivors," Vision answers.

"Ragnorok happened?" Loki says, his eyes wide in worry.

"Yeah in late 2017, you and Thor fought your sister, Hela. Then you fled with Asgard's surrviors," you answer. "The Purple Grape interfered but that obviously didn't happen... and neither did Ragnorok?"

"Thank the Norns, it has not. I travel back and forth every couple months. Asgard is thriving and Father is still ruling," Thor replies.

"And I've been here since 2013," Loki contributes.

"Odin is still alive? And you've been here since the encounter with the Dark Elves? Wow—I really need to get up to date with this timeline. So many people are still alive here."

"Is that not what happened in your world?" Loki inquires.

"No, you faked your death and sent Odin to an old folks home here on Earth and took his place. He died four years later and then Ragnorok happened," you answer.

"I did fake my death, with the help of Thor, to get away from my unjust punishment," Loki corrects. "Thor was worried and had been trying to get me to Midgard for a while. So, when everything with Jane happened, he saw it as an opportunity to bring me here."

"Yes, it took a lot to convince Father that Loki 'died'. Heimdall helped by lying to verify my claim," Thor continues.

"Wait so what happened in the movies? Because a lot seems different...," Sam asks.

You look over at Wanda, silently trying to get her to help you out of this situation. When you first arrived here, she read your mind and saw it all. Since she knows what happened, you're hoping she'll have pity on you and help you get out of telling what feels like the majority of the team that they died.

"Y/n. They deserve to know, just get it over with," she says sternly.

"Fine," you sigh. "It seems this timeline is different starting from 2013. But it really changed in 2015 because in my world, Pietro died during Ultron to save Clint."

"WHAT?! IM DEAD?" Pietro exclaims. "Y/n, I call bullshit because it's scientifically proven that I'm too sexy to be killed off."

"Scientifically proven by who? Bill Nye?" Wanda laughs, causing Pietro to pout.

"Bill Bill Bill, Bill Nye the Science Guy," Clint sings.

"Moving on...in 2018 Thanos won. To do so, he killed Loki to get the space stone, and he killed Vision to get the mind stone," you say taking a deep breath.

As Wanda grabs his hand in a comforting gesture, Vision reaches his other hand to his forehead to gently run it over the stone.

Loki falls back in his seat. His face clouds in defeat. Thor looks over at Loki, and his eyes soften in sympathy.

"For five years half of Earth's population was gone. Most of you were included in that half," you continue. You were unsure of how it would affect Tony, so you decide not to mention Morgan. "While trying to get everyone back, Nat and Clint went to get the soul stone. Nat died to get it."

Clint looks over at Nat, "If you do something like that in this world, I'll kill you myself."

"Don't worry you idiot, I won't. I can't leave you behind, who knows what you'd get up to without me to make sure you stay in line," she smiles.

"...Did anyone else die?" Bucky asks.

"Sadly, yes. Tony died to to defeat Thanos."

Tony's jaw drops in shock. "Me? They killed me? The star of the show?"

"That's what I said!" Pietro agrees. "I can't believe they killed us off, Stark! We're the two most smokin' hot avengers!"

"Clearly, you've forgotten about me," Sam says.

"If that was true—which it isn't—that's still two thirds, man. Majority rules," Pietro replies.

"Oh, and Steve is dead too," you interrupt. You knew Pietro could talk for hours about his, quote on quote, "sexiness", and you didn't want to listen to it again.

"WHAT?!" Bucky exclaims.

"Yeah... He kinda went back in time to be with Peggy," you reply, scratching your head.

"That's cold Rogers," Clint says shaking his head. "Leaving your boyfriend—sorry boyfriends—behind like that? Irresponsible."

"Sam's not my boyfriend-"

"Oh, I see how it is Steve. You fall into the hands of heteronormativity one time in the 40s and it just doesn't let go. It's the grip that keeps on gripping," Sam says.

"I'm literally dating Bucky??" Steve responds.

"Not after you pull that kind of a stunt. We're over Rogers," Bucky says sarcastically, playfully glaring at Steve.

"Please say that's it, that no one else does," Bruce pleads.

"That's it, don't worry," you tell him.

"Yeah. So, none of that happened here," Rhodey says. "It's been pretty relaxed around here. Not many intergalactic space threats."

"Thankfully," Bruce agrees.

-

a/n: i literally have zero clue how to end a chapter

anyways
BILL BILL BILL
BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY
SCIENCE RULES (~•_•)~