Chapter 13

A few hours later, the Avengers plane landed outside the house, and everyone was getting ready to leave. Fern sighed, sitting on her bed with Natasha and Wanda; in the short time they'd been there, and with how little they'd gotten to spend time together, they had grown close. "I don't know if I can stand being in the house with Tony without you," Fern chuckled.

"You'll have Bucky; he'll make sure you don't hurt him," Natasha laughed, grabbing Fern's hand. "I'll come back, I promise. I haven't gotten to look around, and from what you told us, it's amazing what you can find out here."

"I agree; I want to visit the lake you were telling us about. I think Vision would enjoy the quiet; he'd like you as well." Wanda grinned, pulling Fern into a hug.

"Anyone is welcome, but I still have to work a few details out with the Thunderbird before we bring too many people around. She's maxing it out at five at the time for now." Fern sighed, holding her friends close to her.

"Don't worry; you'll figure it out." Wanda smiled.

"So, before we go, what's the deal with you and Bucky? We know the past; what about now and the future?" Natasha asked, standing to begin walking out of the room with them.

"Nothing, not right now at least. The Thunderbird only shows possibilities; it's up to us to make it happen." Fern shrugged.

"Well, from the looks of it, Bucky wants it to happen. So you better let it because when we come back, and you don't have some kind of juicy story to tell us, I will make it happen." Natasha smirked as they walked up to Bucky and Steve talking outside of the jet.

"Fern, I want you to meet a couple of people before we leave," Steve said, catching sight of them. The girls winked at her before Steve pulled Fern closer to the plane. "This is Peter Parker, Peter this is Fern."

"It's so cool to meet you, so you can talk to animals? What else can you do? Can you show me, please? Mr. Stark says that I can't stay, and Aunt May would kill me if I went away without telling her beforehand." Peter gushed, making Fern laugh.

"Ryker, give me a read on Peter, please? He'd like to see me talk to you." Fern laughed, calling Ryker over from where he sat next to Bucky. The wolf walked around the hyper teen boy sniffing at his hands. Ryker turned to her and snorted. "He says that you have too much energy, but you're extremely kind-hearted, and you only wish to please and help everyone. You need to stand up for yourself a little more and not let people push you around. Apparently, you're also damn near as smart as Tony, I'm impressed."

"Half of that you could have learned from Mr. Stark; how did he do that? How did you do that?" Peter asked, kneeling in front of Ryker, carefully petting the wolf's head.

"He can soul read or something like that. It's confusing, so really don't ask. I got struck by magical lightning, and I then could talk to animals, and I can control the earth and plants." Fern smiled, watching Peter stare at Ryker in amazement.

"You're really cool; I hope I can come back, and we can become friends." Peter smiled.

"Let me know. You're welcome here whenever Peter, everyone is. As long as you don't ask too many questions, and well, I won't tell you the big secret yet, next time." Fern smirked as Wanda pulled Peter away as he began to shout questions that he now had.

"He's never going to stop talking about it until he comes back," Steve chuckled, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. "One more person, Fern, this is–"

"Fern."

"Clint?" Fern grinned as Clint picked her up in a hug.

"Shit, kid, you got big. I swear the last time I saw you, you were this tall," Clint laughed, holding his hand to his knee. Fern shoved Clint's shoulder at his joke.