23. Ascend (NSFW)

An ambush!

Yin Mo evades it too late. He got hit and injured on his shoulder. Gu Ming's giant white snake entangled him.

He has been captured.

Yin Mo struggles and the snake binds him harder.

He asks, "What do you want?"

"Leave Gu Xian. Divorce him."

"Never!"

Gu Xian has arrived. He draws his blade. Ready to strike down Gu Ming.

Gu Ming whistles and the snake retreats. It returns back to his side again.

He looks sad when he asks, "Why you have to marry him?"

"I like him."

That's the truth. It might not be love. Gu Xian cares deeply for Yin Mo from the beginning.

Yin Mo holds his hand. Their joint hands irritate Gu Ming even further.

Gu Ming says, "We need to talk."

"Okay. Never harm my wifey again. Or I shall kill you."

Gu Xian says, "Yin Mo, go back to our room and locked it. Stay inside. I'll come back later."

"Be careful."

"I know."

Gu Ming stares Yin Mo's back with murderous intent.

Gu Xian warns, "I'm serious with my threat. I don't care if you're a heir to Gu family."

"Why it have to be him? Why not me?"

"Seriously? We are strangers..."

"You came back when your mother died that year. You saved my life. We spent a month together."

Gu Xian is silent. His memories are a bit vague about his past. Maybe what he said was the truth.

He comments, "I saved you for no reason. You don't need to marry me."

"But I really like you since that day."

Gu Xian shakes his head.

He explains, "You are just lonely. That isn't love."

"Are you a craftsman?"

The sudden change of topic startles Gu Xian. He looks alarmed.

Gu Ming smiles a little. He knows he can't change his mind of marrying that little white face. When facing a dead end, one should give up sooner.

He asks, "Could you help me craft a special weapol? I will help you escape from this island."

"You will help us? Why?"

"Because I love you."

Gu Xian looks another way. Gu Ming is a cute one. Not inferior to the protagonist, Yin Mo.

That's it! I'm really bi. Marrying Yin Mo has shattered my three views.

Gu Ming asks, "Could you help me?"

"What do you wanna make?"

"A sword."