Chapter 37

"Come in," Minho said loudly.

To both of their surprise, Jisung opened the door and walked in quite awkwardly. "Jisung?" Minho spoke up in question. The boy just kept standing there close by the doorway, not knowing what to say as Chan was right there.

"Well, speak of the devil," Chan whispered towards Minho, unable for Jisung to hear—the boy was too deep in thought to hear it.

Minho's questioning expression towards Jisung changed into a glare as he now averted his eyes towards Chan. "Shut it," he said. Chan didn't say anything. He just smiled, a slight smirk forming underneath that smile.

Jisung pondered. What should he say, he wondered. His mind really blanked at this very moment. He decided to just go with the same lie as he told Minho's father. "I... I came here to tutor you,"

Minho looked at him with squinted eyes. He looked at him with his 'you stopped tutoring me, what are you talking about?' expression.

Jisung raised his eyebrows as he smiled at Minho innocently. Insisting he goes along with whatever he was saying.

"Oh, Right! I forgot, I'm sorry," he said, playing along. Though he wasn't sure if he had told Chan that Jisung stopped tutoring him or not. If so, they would both be caught in a lie.

"Then I'll leave you two to it," Chan said as he felt the tension rise in the room. He stood up from the sofa, took his bottle of water, and walked towards the door.

Minho smiled at his friend. "Thanks, Chan!" he said.

Chan smiled back. "What are friends for, right?" he answered as he looked back at Minho. "See you later!" he added. "You too, Jisung,"

Minho chuckled. "Later," he said, while Jisung just waved at Chan.

Jisung couldn't help but think he was being kind of rude interupting the two of them, but if he didn't do so then he would never confront Minho.

The blond boy just stood there like a statue. "Shit, what do I say?" he cursed in his mind.

Minho just looked at Jisung with slightly raised eyebrows, but the boy wasn't moving nor saying anything at all. He chuckled softly, as he decided to speak up himself. "What's going on, Jisungie?" He was wondering what the real reason was for Jisung to come here, because tutoring wasn't it.

"I... need to talk to you about something," he finally opened his mouth. "Something has been bothering me," he said as he looked into Minho's eyes.

Minho looked up into Jisung's eyes and hesitantly asked, "What's up?" He wondered if he did something wrong again, because ruining the relationship he had with Jisung seemed like something he was best at.

Jisung decided to just shoot his shot. He needed answers."Yesterday, when we were late to class... What you said to our teacher... and what you said during dinner too," he said with a sigh. "You know, right?"

Minho's eyes widened a bit, but he was still a bit confused and lost. He thought back to what he had said both of those times, but he didn't want to jump into conclusions. "Know what..?" he asked, trailing off.

Jisung's common sense suddenly kicked in. How didn't he realise before, he wondered. "Of course you know," he let out a chuckle in disbelief. "Obviously she told you,"

Minho squinted his eyes. "I really have no clue what you're on about, Jisung." He needed more context before he could say something, he didn't want to assume what Jisung was talking about.

Jisung sighed, admitting defeat as he decided to just flat out say it. "Jihna... She told you that I'm gay, right? And that I was in love with you or whatever?"

Minho's eyes widened as his mouth parted slightly. He didnt expect Jisung to flat out say what he said. "Oh... She did tell me something along those lines... She told me it was highly possible that you were, but she didn't tell me that last bit though,"

Jisung's eyes widened, he felt really embarrassed with what he just admitted. "Whoa..." He let his body slouch down on Minho's bed. He felt really betrayed and violated. "I'm so dumb,"

"What makes you say that?" Minho wondered.

Jisung sighed once again. "Honestly... There was no need for you to feel guilty about our friendship being destroyed back then. It wouldn't have mattered what she said to you or how she convinced you to avoid me back then, because either way I'd have avoided and ignored you anyway."

Minho frowned. "Why? What did she convince you with that made you stay away from me?" He had always wanted to ask Jisung this question, but since the latter wanted to start over he couldn't do so. He respected Jisung's decision not to talk about it. Yet, he was glad they were finally trying to resolve their issues.

Jisung laughed. "That's the best part," He really couldn't believe how foolish he was. "She would tell you that I'm gay... She threatened me, telling me she would tell you that I'm gay if I didn't stay away from you... but she told you anyway. She probably used that to scare you off, right?" he asked Minho, looking at him. "Probably something like 'Minho, if you keep hanging out with him he will fall in love with you. You should avoid him.' Right?"

"I... uhm," Minho said as he averted his eyes anywhere else in the room. Anything that wasn't Jisung.

[A/N]
This is a shorter chapter, because this is part 1 of a chap that I split. I didn't know where to cut (the chap had like 2400 words so I wanted to split it in two). So sorry if the cut in the convo is quite abrupt :D

I honestly almost lost hope in myself for actually finishing this story... But finally, more than 2 years later it's coming to an end. Also didn't expect this one to have as many chapters as it does.

Q; What do you mostly watch on YouTube? (Non kpop related)

A; For some reason I love watching movie commentary channels, it even got me thinking that one day I wanna do that myself lmao

To be continued ;)