Chapter 15

Jisung was now stuck at his promised detention. Usually, detention was writing the school rules over and over until the two hours passed-or so he'd heard. Yet, that wasn't the case with him. He was receiving special treatment, meaning he had to listen to his teacher's nagging for hours. "I just don't understand what had gotten into you. You're my best student and always have great attitude," Mr. Choi continued.

"I'm sorry, I was just really tired... and I get irritated quickly when I'm tired," Jisung tried to explain. He was still as irritated as before, maybe even more, but his teacher did nothing wrong to him so he kept his act together.

"Well, I'm glad you apologised!" his teacher told him with bliss. He knew Jisung was a great student, the best even. Being rude once shouldn't change his opinion on the boy. He also had to admit he was kind of harsh towards the younger, because he wasn't used to that kind of behaviour from him.

"Great! Now, how long do I have to sit here?" Jisung asked him all of a sudden.

His teacher looked at him oddly. He wondered if the boy was being nice just because he wanted to get out of detention. "Do you have somewhere else to be?" he asked Jisung with suspicion heard in his voice.

"Yes, actually," he exhaled. "We have a maths test tomorrow and Minho asked me if I could help him study,"

Mr. Choi couldn't let Jisung go just like that. But he was the one who had assigned Jisung as a tutor for Minho, so he let him go. Another reason was, because it was for his subject. "Go," he said kindly, nodding towards he door. And that's what Jisung did, he ran off to Minho's house.

~~~~~~~~~~

The doorbell of Minho's house rang, so he opened it. He was surprised to see Jisung standing in front of it. "Waw, look who's early," he spoke in an overexaggerated tone. "I thought you had detention,"

"I did, but I got out early," Jisung said with sass. "I'm his favourite student after all," he added as he stepped foot inside, Minho letting him in.

"Tsk... That's favouritism," Minho complained. He just didn't think it was fair. "How did your smartass get out of detention anyway,"

Jisung let out a soft chuckle as if he had the most obvious reason ever. "I told him I'd help you study... for his subject," He put down his books on the table and flipped some pages. "And I wasn't lying, because here I am," he said as sensitive and irritated as he was this morning.

Minho sat down and looked at Jisung as the boy kept flipping pages left to right. "Seems like you don't want to be here, though,"

"When do I ever," He let out a fake sigh as a smirk grew on his face. Minho and him weren't exactly biting each other's heads off anymore, but they still annoyed one another from time to time.

About half an hour later into their tutoring session, Minho realised Jisung wasn't being his enthusiastic self, as usual. He didn't know what the boy found so fascinating about mathematics but he did-and it was cute. Wait what? But he wasn't being very enthusiastic right now.

But now Jisung was just dozing off as he was explaining. The boy found himself getting quite dizzy. Every word and every number were becoming blurry to him, he couldn't read any of it. As his eyes began to close, he dropped his book onto the table-but he jumped a bit by hearing the thud. Minho noticed this, of course. "C-can I have some water?" Jisung asked, suddenly looking all vulnerable.

"Sure," And with that, Minho left to the kitchen, getting the boy some water. He also started preparing something else-he knew Jisung wouldn't like it, but he did it anyway.

Ten minutes later, Minho reappeared into the living room and handed Jisung the glass of water he had asked for. It was basically evening so Minho prepared them something simple to eat for dinner. He put away the books and placed the plates-with food-on the table. "I didn't see you eat much at lunch so eat this," Minho said as he offered him food.