6 - Stance

Driving back to the estate, I lay my head on the couch of the seat

Driving back to the estate, I lay my head on the couch of the seat. I watch the road at night, rain pouring down and the streetlights blurring my vision. It was so peaceful, reminded me of the late night drives my mother would take me on.

"Valentina." Alessandro whispers, making me turn my head upright to face him. "Hm?"

"Oh shit. I thought you were asleep." He widens his eyes and continues driving through the empty roads. "I can't fall asleep in a minute." I scoff.

"Yeah, I know. Also, I noticed you gave your number to Evan. Are you giving random guys your number now?" He raises his eyebrow and asks quietly.

Sitting up from my seat, I reply, "jealousy isn't a good look on you, Alessandro." I straighten my back and lay my head on the window instead.

He scoffs, "Why the fuck would I be jealous of him." He grips the steering wheel harder, only proving my point.

I chuckle, not responding. His head turns to me. "Quiet now, huh?" Again, I don't respond. The only reason I'm here is to be his bodyguard, not to have a conversation.

"Are you deaf or something?" He speaks out again. After a don't respond once more, he starting swerving the car through the streets.

"Fuck!" I sit up from being startled. My heartbeat grew faster at the moment, then he stoped swerving. "Are you fucking drunk?" I shout.

He smiles. "Nope."

"You know what. Get out. I'm driving. I don't trust you anymore. Get the fuck out and pass me the keys." I scowl and unbuckle my seatbelt.

"Yes ma'am." He winks and pulls over. Scoffing, I open my car door and get out as he doesn't the same. Walking over to the front of the car, we face each other.

I roll my eyes and keep going. Suddenly, I feel him grip my waist and pin me to the front of the car. My back slams at the front as we face each other. He leans in close to my ear, and whispers. "You still haven't answered me, L'Amore. Why did you give Evan your goddamn number?" His grip tightens once the Italian brushes off his tongue. His breath hot against my neck, liquor flowing off him like a River.

"Get the fuck off me." I scowl and push him off. "And I didn't give him my number, I told him to fuck off." I grip my own waist and rub his touch off me. "God, what is up with you?"

"Jesus you couldn't have said that before?" He rolls his eyes and makes his way to the passenger seat. I quickly grab him by the collar and pull his face closer to mine.

"Grab me like that again, and I'll make sure you won't be able to grab anything again in your life. Do you understand me?" I grit my teeth.

"Is that a threat?" He raised his eyebrow with a smug grin.

"Do you understand?" I ask, more stern this time. "Yes ma'am." He pulls back and chuckles. "Classic Valentina."

"Jesus." Muttering under my breath, I make my way to the drivers seat. Sitting down, I extend my arm out for the keys. Alessandro drops them in my hand, sighing and falling back into his seat.