Chapter 17

Jennie is still hugging the person she saw standing behind Hyeri. The brunette is afraid that if she broke the hug, the person she loves will fade away, so she thinks if she's dreaming, she doesn't want to wake up anymore.

But then she hears Irene's voice "Jennie? What's wrong?"

The DJ then broke the hug and look at her then to Hyeri and Jisoo who are giving her weird look. She then looks at Chaeyoung looking at her too.

Am I the only one seeing her? Does it mean that she's really dead?

It may look weird but she pokes Chaeyoung's right cheek to see if she's real then look back again at the three girls "Please tell me you can see her?"

"Jennie what are you—" Jennie cuts off Jisoo "Just please answer my question!"

"Of course, we can see her what is wrong with you?" Hyeri asks her. Irene walks towards their friend, held her hand and pulls her towards the sofa but Jennie stops her and looks at Chaeyoung.

"Can you stay by my side please." Before the redhead says anything, she looks at Hyeri and Jisoo first who both nodded their heads at her "Uhm sure." Chaeyoung answered.

The five girls went to the living room and let Jennie sits on the sofa while Chaeyoung sits beside her but maintain a distance from the DJ which the latter notice. The lawyer places the cup she's holding on the table and looks at her.

She saw the sadness, pain, confusion on Jennie's beautiful brown eyes.

"W-where's Ella?" Jennie asks her wife "She's with Seulgi and Joy in one of Irene's condominiums. I just came here to get our things." The redhead answered.

"What? Why?" the brunette looks at her friends, Hyeri is the only one looking at her "You want us to go back to Atlanta right, then me and your- me and Ella are going back tomorrow."

"Chaeyoung, I d-didn't mean to- I'm sorry."

"Yeah I know, you're always sorry Jennie."

"Just please give me one last chance Chaeyoung, I'm begging you." The redhead looks at Jennie and saw tears in her eyes but she knows what she really wants for now.

"I want to but I can't anymore." She answered, Chaeyoung then stands up but Jennie follows her, the other three girls are just watching and listening to both of them. The two went inside Ella's room and Chaeyoung starts to pack her daughter's things.

"Don't leave Chaeyoung, let me explain first." Jennie said "You can explain while I'm packing." Chaeyoung answered in a cold tone.

"I'm just stressed that's all; there are a lot of things going in my mind that time. I just don't know what to do."

"We're all stressed Jennie, you're not the only one who has a lot of thinking to do." Chaeyoung stops on what she's doing and looks at her "We've been through this and you know that. You keep on pushing me away."

"That's why I'm asking you for one last chance. I want to make things right again. I had this dream and I think it's a warning of what I'm going to lose if I continue on being like this and-"She stops when she hears Chaeyoung scoffs.