Chapter 27

-FLASHBACK-

THE NIGHT JENNIE SIGNED THE PAPERS

It is the loneliest night in Jennie's life. She thought that the night she left Chaeyoung for her career will be the saddest of them all... she's wrong. She lost her wife for the second time and their daughter too.

The brunette is with her friends, Lisa, Irene, Hyeri, Jisoo and Joy who arrived two days ago. The girls wanted to cheer up their friend even for a little but they all know that there's only one person who can do that now. They tried watching movies but its no used so Lisa plays some music on her spotify.

"Am I that bad? " the five girls looks at each other first then to the brunette "Maybe Chaehee's right, I deserve to be alone. No matter how I love Chaeyoung, I always mess things up."

"Don't listen to that psychotic bitch. Everyone deserves to be happy and that includes you." Hyeri answered. They saw Jennie sigh and stares at the bottle of beer she's holding.

"I love her so much y'know, but she doesn't want me anymore. I failed again this time guys. I'm sorry" She then grabs the brown envelope on the table "I want her to be happy... even if it means that I'm going to lose her for good."

The brunette opens the envelope and takes the paper inside; she places it in front of her, staring at it.

"Are you really giving up on her?" Irene softly asked "I don't want to but I have to. She's right, I've always been so selfish." They watch Jennie signed the papers while tears roll down on her cheeks. Rain pours hard once more, like sympathizing on the brunette's feelings.

"C-could you give this to her tomorrow? I—I don't think I can stop myself from begging her to give me a chance if I see her." The latter is not looking at anyone in particular when she said that, she's just staring at the divorce papers she's holding now.

"Uh yeah, I'll drop by at her house tomorrow." Hyeri answered "T-thanks." Jennie then grabs her phone on the table and sped dial her daughter's number. Ella answered after two rings.

"Momma?" the little brunette said

"Hey sweetie, w-what are you doing right now?"

"Nothing, I'm just watching TV with mom but she fell asleep."

"She must be tired." Jennie then stands up and walks towards the window.

"Yeah, she's been busy with her work these past few days and I'm worried that she'll get sick because she barely eat."

"Don't worry kiddo, I'll talk to your Aunt Jisoo and Aunt Hyeri about that so they can talk to your mom." the youngest Kim gives her an okay "C-can I see you?"

"Okay momma but I need to tell it to mom first."

"No sweetie, don't wake her up." Jennie immediately answered "If you could just stand by the window while we talk." She didn't hear anything from Ella but when she looks to the window opposite to her, her daughter is already standing there.

Jennie remembers telling Irene to put a thick curtain on that side of the house so if ever Chaeyoung look out through her window, she won't see anything. Ella is waving her hand at her.

"I'm... I'm s-sorry if momma can't keep her promise." She covers her mouth with her hand to stop the sounds from escaping "Momma please don't cry."

"I know you did your best, I may be just a kid but I know what's going on. I'm not mad at you." Ella added

"Even if I failed you?"