Chapter 25

It was almost 12 in the midnight and all of the residents living on that street are sleeping. It was quiet and peaceful but not until three different voices scream their lungs out as they run around the house trying to find a place to hide.

Ella and Jennie run towards the tiny closet under the stairs. Lisa who is still keeps on running around, stops and grabs some chips and soda "Running makes me thirsty." She says and the person raised an eyebrow at her.

"So are you just going to stand there or hide like those two did?" Lisa thinks for a while and think why the hell is she running... but then her eyes widen and look at the person "You're not supposed to be here! How did you know we're here?"

"You forgot to close the door to my basement... and oh yeah, I saw you ransacking my fridge!"

"It's called borrowing Chaeyoung and you said that I can eat anything I want." Chaeyoung opens her mouth once more to speak but Lisa beats her to it "And you know that when I'm stressed, I intend to eat a lot."

The redhead crosses her arms on her chest "You're stress? Why? Is it because you girls are lying to me?"

"I'm not lying to you... It's called 'keeping a secret' and I'm stress because of that game!" Chaeyoung groans and walks towards the closet, she uses the baseball bat to knock on the door "You two, get out from there now!"

She waits for the door to open or listen for any sounds inside "Don't make me repeat what I said, get out now!"

"Promise first that you won't kill us with your bat, granny?" the little brunette answered

"ELLA KIM !" the door swung open and the little girl look up to her mother.

"Oh hey mom! Fancy of you to join us." The lawyer ignores her daughter and look at Jennie who seem stuck sitting on the ground "Do you want me to pull you out or you're just going to do that by yourself?"

"Come on DJ! You can do it!" Chaeyoung glares at Lisa who covers her mouth with her hand "I want you to call on Hyeri and Jisoo." She ordered.

"How did you know that they are involved?" Lisa asks

"I didn't, you just said it by yourself, now call them."

"Oh... uh I think I'm having difficulty in—"

"NOW LISA!" Chaeyoung shouted and the blonde-haired girl immediately searches for her phone. The redhead let out a deep sigh while having mix feelings on what she found out this night.

-FLASHBACK-

Chaeyoung's been at work for an hour now while talking to her colleague about their plan on how to counter-attack the defense is throwing at them. She's massaging her temple when Jisoo and Hyeri sit beside her.

"Here, have some tea for a while." Jisoo said and hand over a cup of tea to her friend "This case is giving me a headache." She answered.

"Well, that man is an asshole. I mean; hello? Who ask for something in return before he supports his child? It's his fault that their marriage didn't work out."

When Jisoo heard the word 'work out' she looks at Chaeyoung then remembers what Jennie had told her "So, how are you and Jennie?"

The redhead let out a small smile on her lips while blowing her tea "We're doing okay. I'm happy that she's doing her best for Ella. I know this is a big change for her but I just hope she's really happy with this."

"Of course she's happy! I don't think Jennie will give up everything she has just to be with you girls."Jisoo saw confusion on Chaeyoung's face and remembers that she still doesn't know that the brunette already retired as a singer.