-20-

"It's the semi-finals and we are prepared!" Midnight presented. She stood aside as Present Mic made a few comments. You noticed Todoroki was gone as well as Bakugo. 

"This fight is with the Icey Hot man, Shoto Todoroki, against the explosion dude, Bakugo!" Present Mic spoke with Aizawa grunting once more, bundled in his yellow sleeping bag. 

Bakugo and Todoroki appeared in the arena. You stood to watch, resting your arms on the bar. You sighed as your eyes fell upon the boys. Though Todoroki was less conversant and kept more to himself, he showed more emotion. His face may seem blank, but you could tell that he was determined. Bakugo was smirking from overconfidence, but that confidence has a lot to back it up. He is very strong. 

As the fight began, you noticed the fight was cut close. Todoroki sprayed a huge ice wall with spikes against Bakugo. Sounds of thudding and explosions vibrated through the ice, showing Bakugo peer through a hole. Bakugo dashed forward, dodging Todoroki's ice attack by jumping up. Bakugo grabbed Todoroki's head as he flipped over his body, slamming Todoroki down on the ground. Instead of being out of bounds, Todoroki sprayed ice beneath his feet to slide around. 

"Don't underestimate me!" Bakugo shouted as he leaped forward. Todoroki lifted his left arm, swinging Bakugo away, causing him to tumble. 

A smirk appeared on Bakugo's face as he wiped his chin. 

"BASTARD! I'll show you what'll happen when you make a fool out of me!" Bakugo blurted once more, making small explosions out of his hands. 

"Tell him, Bakugo," you mumbled, gripping your hands around the metal bar. 

"I WANT AN INDISPUTABLE FIRST PLACE!" Your eyes grew wide to his words."THERE'S NO POINT IF I CAN'T GET HIGHER UP THAN DEKU! THERE'S NO POINT IF I CAN'T FIGHT HER FOR REAL!" You dropped your jaw as your grip on the bar loosened. 

'He is talking about me.'

"I CAN'T GET THAT IF I BEAT SCUM THAT UNDERESTIMATES ME!" Todoroki looked shocked as well from the speech Bakugo was giving. "I'LL KILL YOU!" Those words struck a nerve within you, as if something arose.

Bakugo ran forward, screaming, "WHY ARE YOU STANDING HERE, DAMMIT?!" Todoroki's arm slowly grew ice on his skin, preparing for Bakugo's attack. 

"DO YOUR BEST!" Izuku shouted, standing in his bandaged state. 

Your eyes watched as Todoroki's left side lit ablaze. Fire rumbled off his skin as he raised his left hand. Bakugo grinned as he spun with his explosions. Once Bakugo got close enough, Todoroki frowned, lowering his left hand. Bakugo blasted a large explosion in Todoroki's face, making him fly back against his own ice. The explosion was large and beautiful, your eyes sparkled at the sight. 

Bakugo watched as the fire and smoke disappeared. 

"What?!" he blurted, running towards Todoroki, who was now unconscious. 

"Oh no," you murmured to yourself. 

"HEY! WHY DID YOU PUT OUT YOUR FLAMES?!" Bakugo lifted him by the collar of his uniform, shaking him vigorously as his open hand made small explosions. "HEY!"

"STOP, BAKUGO!" you shouted with all your might. You haven't shouted like that in a long time, but it was as if your words struck some nerve in him. 

His face dropped into a secluded angered one as he dropped Todoroki. Bakugo walked off the arena with nothing but his eyes hiding from the world. Seeing this, you turned, running down the bleacher steps to find him, but they were preparing for the next fight. 

"Bakugo?!" you shouted. 

"(y/n)! Your up!" Some woman shouted, making you pause for a moment to see if you could see him walking around anywhere. 

It was time. You left the matter behind but constantly thought about it in your head. You sighed as you entered through the door that led to the dark tunnel. As the matter continued to press your mind, you attempted to hide it far below your goal; winning this fight without anyone knowing about your quirk.

Ida appeared in front of you, making you grin as you thought of the perfect way to execute this fight flawlessly. His engines can only run for so long. 

'When Ida runs towards me, I can touch him. This allows me to possess him. When I do this, I'll use his quirk until it runs out, making myself fight myself. When it runs out, it will burn my calves, but it won't burn my clothes so I'll be fine. Then Recovery Girl can help me.'

"I'll win with pride!" Ida blurted, dashing forwards. As you dodged him within a few seconds, your hand grazed his side, allowing you to possess him. 

The plan continued well. You used his quirk while fighting yourself, you having the upper hand in combat. With each hit, your real body sent, the more it hurts your soul, but it began to make Ida more exhausted. His quirk stopped working, making your real calves burn, so you decided to through your last punch in. By retreating part of your soul, you gave one final uppercut, knocking the man out in front of you. 

"The winner is (f/n) (l/n)!" Present Mic shouted as you march off the arena. 

You quickly gave attention to your injuries on your calves, allowing Recovery Girl to heal them with a kiss. 

"Thank you," you spoke, remembering the events of the end of Bakugo's match. 

"You seemed rush, you can go." You quickly ran out to the hallway, running towards the bleachers. Your calves began to hurt, but not as much. Once you reached the top of the bleachers, your eyes fell on Bakugo sitting in silence besides Kirishima and Kaminari. 

"We'll take a break for the final fight!" Midnight announced as you sighed in relief. 

You walked towards them, sitting next to Bakugo. You watched as his eyes were hidden in his shadow. 

"You ok?" you asked, leaning down to see his fiery eyes. "Now you're the one being quiet."

"I didn't want to win like that!" Bakugo shouted, presenting his eyes except they were dark and full of hatred. 

"I know." Your hand fell on his shoulder. "But he was already unconscious and you would feel worse about beating up an unconscious man."

"(y/n)!" Kirishima blurted. You leaned forward to give him and Kaminari a look. "Great job during your fight!" Kirishima gave you a thumbs up as Kaminari sent you a blushing smile as he rubbed the back of his neck. 

"I'm surprised you made it past Ida." You nodded from Kaminari's words, reverting your attention to Bakugo. 

"He's having a hard time. I tried talking to him, but it wouldn't work." Kirishima added, making you nod in response. 

You decided to not speak about the issue and just rubbed his shoulder. 

'Why am I so worried about this? Sure he's my friend, but I'm really worried. Maybe this means he's my first best friend.'