-26-

After the weekend, everyone continued back to training. You were also allowed to train, as the effects of Shigaraki's mindset escaped you, for now. Realizing that you liked Bakugo was strange enough, even interacting with him makes your heart flutter. 

"So, we're going to summer camp." You instantly sighed as Aizawa said those words. Resting your head in your palm, you decided to spin your pencil around your thumb. "I won't tell you where, but it's with certain pros that will improve your quirk. It's basically quirk training."

'How am I supposed to improve when Bakugo and everyone else is busy?'

"Get your stuff packed and meet us by the busses." Aizawa signaled everyone to leave. 

"I'm so excited!" Momo blurted as Uraraka agreed. 

"Interesting. This may help me improve on my flames." Todoroki added with a few more people cheering in the background. 

You were walking in the middle of the cheering crowd while thinking of a way to improve without having to use anyone. 

'Maybe I'll just work out and improve body strength.' 

You shrugged to your thoughts, entering your dorm to pack a small black suitcase full of a few shirts, shorts, sweats, sweatshirts, and your basic uniform. And you stuffed your phone charger and necessities along with that. Rolling out your suitcase wasn't difficult, it wasn't too heavy. Once you reached the busses, you noticed many of the girls with plenty of bags on their shoulders and top of their suitcases. 

"You barely packed anything compared to the others." Kirishima pointed out, standing beside you. 

You nodded to his comment, walking towards Aizawa. 

"Class 1-A is in this bus. Sit anywhere." Aizawa pointed to the bus in front of him. Your eyes trailed to the bus behind him, seeing Class 1-B enter their bus with Vlad King pointing them in the right direction. 

You handed your small luggage to Aizawa, who he hands to someone else and they place that in a compartment near the bottom of the bus. Then, entering the bus was slow, but you also noticed many seats were taken. 

"(y/n), you can sit by Bakugo if you want." Kirishima offered, making you nod as you walked towards the back of the bus, seeing Bakugo looking out the window. 

You placed yourself beside him as Kirishima sat on the other side of you, him sitting beside Tsuyu. Bakugo turned his head to see who decided to sit beside him. 

"Oh, it's you." He sighed in relief, looking back out the window. 

"Bakugo?" you asked, feeling a few pumps of your heartbeat ring in your ears when his head turned to face you. 

"Hmm?"

"I know you'll be working on improving your quirk, but will you..." you paused, thinking about what you were about to ask. 

'He likes to have his sleep so maybe working on my quirk with him late at night won't work. I can just work on training my physical body.'

"Actually, never mind." He cocked his head to the side as you leaned forward, resting your forehead on the seat in front of you. 

"What is it?" he asked in a demanding manner. 

"Will you be willing to stay up at night to help me with my quirk?" You kept your head leaning against the seat as he leaned forward to look at your face. 

"Sure." He pulled himself back, looking out the window as the bus began to rumble. The engine roared as the vehicle moved towards your destination. 

Lifting your head, you pulled the over-the-ear headphones you had wrapped around your neck over your head. Pulling out your phone from your pocket, you started to play a list of your favourite music. Closing your eyes, you felt the rumble of the bus as you sang along with the lyrics in your head. 

"(y/n)?" you heard faintly. Pulling your headphones off, you looked around for whoever spoke those words. "If you tired, just use my pillow." Kirishima offered beside you, but you waved his offer away, sending him a warm smile as you placed the headphones back on. 

"Stop." Bakugo mouthed towards Kirishima as he chuckled in silence. 

"You have to do something." Kirishima silently lipped as he leaned back to take a nap. 

***

Turning off your music and sliding your headphones back down to your neck, you stood as everyone filed out of the bus, Bakugo following behind you. 

"Alright, follow me," Aizawa announced in the most tiresome and annoying voice. 

Once you paused in front of a large building, everyone's eye fell on four figures dressed as cats with skirts. 

"Hello!" one woman cheered. 

"We are the Wild, Wild Pussycats!" all four of them blurted, doing a small dance routine in unison. 

"I'm Ragdoll." the girl with long green hair spoke out. 

"I'm Mandalay!" the woman wearing pink clothes with brown hair introduced, jumping in excitement alongside Ragdoll. 

The Pussycat wearing blue then introduced herself, "And I'm Pixie-Bob. Nice to meet you all!" She waved with a kind smile. 

"Don't forget me!" the male blurted, swinging his cat hands in circles. "I'm Tiger!" he roared. 

"We have a bunch of food prepared to be cooked, but your first steps in this camp is to prepare your own food." The Pussycats took you and everyone else towards a barbeque station with multiple skillets and burners, along with long tables covered in dishes of vegetables, raw meat, and fruit. 

"Bakugo, can you show me how to cook this?" you asked nicely, grabbing a plate of a small round steak and a few green peppers. 

"Sure." You followed him towards a burner that Todoroki so kindly prepared for the group. 

He placed his piece of meat on the burner. You closely watched his every movement and attempted to calculate the time in between every flip he did. Bakugo noticed this, grinning slightly as you began to prepare your a steak. 

"That seems easy," you spoke.

"It's because I made it! And I'm the best teacher of cooking here!" Bakugo blurted in confidence, making you chuckle lightly. 

"Teacher of what?" Izuku questioned while sitting beside Todoroki and Kirishima sitting in front of him. 

"He said cooking," Todoroki replied with a dead tone, taking a bite of the round steak on his plate. 

"He's actually smiling." Izuku grinned to see his rival's actions. "Maybe he's changing."

"It's all because of (y/n). That's my theory, anyway." Kirishima butted in, giving you and Bakugo a glance as you both marched towards the tables, seeing how the only spot left open was beside Kirishima. 

"How about over there?"

"NO! Deku is over there." Bakugo whined, pushing you aside to sit on the ground beside the tables. Uraraka and Momo sat a few feet away from you two, chuckling at random things. 

"Well, he still hates me." Izuku chuckled to himself, taking a bite of his red peppers. 

"Yea, but Bakugo is softer near her. Not only that, but she's also more talkative near him." Kirishima continued to watch you two as Izuku and Todoroki followed this action.

"They do seem more open together," Todoroki observed, looking away to eat more food. 

"It's nice to see that Bakugo can care about someone besides himself." Izuku's grin increased to a smile as his past flashed in his mind. All he saw was the tough times when Bakugo would constantly smirk from confidence or shout in anger, but a light appeared. In his current vision, he could see a different side he hasn't seen on Bakugo for years.