-32-

You woke up, lifting your eyelids to see Recovery Girl's room above you. Lifting your body, you looked around to see Bakugo sleeping in a chair next to you. His legs were propped up on the side of your bed, crossed, and his arms fell over his stomach. His head fell to the side of the armchair, the one that was stashed in the corner of the room. You gazed into his resting state, finding it soothing. 

'I wish he could be like that more often, but he is trying, around me at least.' 

"You're awake." Recovery Girl spoke, entering the room while taking her latex gloves off and throwing them away. 

"Yea." you softly replied, spinning your head towards her. 

"He's been here the whole time." She raised the corners of her lips as she sat in her rolling chair. You nodded then saw her smile drop when she sighed. Her body posture grew perfect as she gave you a look of disappointment but of slight concern. "You haven't been taking your medication." 

Your eyes widened, palm shooting to your mouth as you remembered that you completely forgot about your medication. 

"I forgot! All honesty!" you shouted a whisper, giving her shinning (e/c) of truth. 

"You can't forget. Do you know why?" she asked, scooting towards your bed a few inches. 

Your face dropped to a neutral one as you said, "I will have those side effects more often." She nodded in your reply. 

"Last night, you and Bakugo escaped the League of Villians and fell asleep in the woods." After you heard her words, you knew that Bakugo had to be the one explaining as no one else was there. "He woke up and found out that Dabi was chasing you guys with his fire. Bakugo couldn't wake you up. He made it here safely, but you were still asleep." 

Your head spun towards Bakugo, looking at him in a way that he would be a caring and kind soul. Seeing him as someone who would converse normally without shouting, but then again, that wouldn't make Bakugo, Bakugo. But you knew there was that side where he could truly trust someone, and you hoped that person would be you. 

"He told me that he hasn't seen you take your medications and I found out that you've possessed Toga and Mr. Compression during a battle at the quirk training camp." You nodded, lowering your head in disappointment. "Without those meds, it took a toll on you. Then you were kidnapped and-"

"And I attempted to use my power on Dabi, but it didn't work because of this protection he had back when they were using me as a lab rat."

"That's not true." Aizawa shut the door behind him, making you glance at his dressed self, seeing his scruffed-up face and his hair in a bun. 

"What?" you moved your legs to the side of your bed, feeling interested in this manner. 

"I found something in their lab." You raised a brow. 

"You were in their lab?"

"Bakugo showed us the way after he had his tantrum about you and turned out, they didn't use you just to make something that fights against your power." he paused, making you lean forward as you wanted to know more. "They wanted to create your power. I found nothing that says if they have or not, but we may be lucky." You nodded. 

"I see." You nodded once more, hearing the door open by Aizawa's hands. 

"Though we snuck our way in, the League of Villains weren't found, and in fact, it looks like they abandoned the place in a hurry." You lifted your eyes once more, watching as Recovery Girl stood beside your instructor. 

"Where are you guys going?" you questioned, seeing them both step over the door's threshold. 

"We're going to check up on something, please take care of Bakugo," Aizawa ordered, shutting the door behind him and the old lady, leaving you behind with Bakugo. 

"Damn," you mumbled.

"Good, you're awake." Bakugo rasped as he lifted his body and rubbed his eyes. You spun around in your bed, letting your legs drape over the edge. 

"So are you." you grinned softly as he tried to adjust his eyes to the bright lights in the room. 

You leaned forward, letting your feet hit the ground. Your arms opened as you shoved yourself into his body, hugging him loosely. Slowly, a pair of arms wrapped around your body, making you blush as a grin appeared on your face.

"Thank you for waiting," you whispered, pulling away from the hug.

"I WASN'T WAITING!" Bakugo shouted, his cheeks practically tomatoes as his face looked away from you. You chuckled at his actions as you began to walk towards the door. 

"C'mon!" you blurted, making him jerk up and follow you out into the hallway with his hands stuffed into his uniform, pockets. "What is today?" you asked, noticing that he was wearing the school uniform while you were wearing some clothes from the quirk training camp.

"It's a class day." You gasped, running towards the dorms. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Bakugo followed, running behind you as you were pretty fast.

You busted your dorm open and grabbed your uniform. Your body quickly entered the bathroom, locking the door as you changed in a flash. 

"(y/n)!" Bakugo shouted once more. You left the bathroom, dressed and ready once he arrived in your room.

"Let's go! We might be late," you said in a worried tone. Once you ran forward, you felt him grip your wrist, making you think back to when Dabi would do the same. 

This caused you to spin around and jerk your hand out of his grip. His eyes widened to the sudden action, but your eyes said something different. They were somewhat scared. 

"Are you ok?" Bakugo asked, seeing you frozen as you realized that you thought Bakugo was Dabi. 

'No, Bakugo will never be Dabi. I like Bakugo, not Dabi. Bakugo wouldn't hurt me like Dabi.'

You nodded, giving him a blank face as your body turned back around. 

"You and I aren't allowed to go to class." You jolted your eyes to face him in concern. 

"Why not?"

"Aizawa and All Might said so. It's because we need to recover." Bakugo's face shifted from calmness to a disgusted and pissed-off look. You cocked your head sideways.

"I have a question." You took a few steps towards Bakugo. "We were chased by flames, so why wouldn't Dabi chase us here. Don't you think our escape was a little too easy?" You kept eye contact with him the whole time. He placed his hands on your shoulders, looking as if he realized something. 

"You're right! It was too easy. Something is going on." Bakugo dropped his arms, looking around as you both shuffled your feet towards the entrance of the dorms. 

Once you both excited the dorms, you noticed All Might, Aizawa, and a few class 1-A students standing outside. Their eyes stayed focus on one goal, one target. Once you made eyes contact with that target, your eyes widened as you saw someone you never thought you'd see again.