5: Nut-Checked

I instantly collapse. Almost like someone had done a leg swipe right under my feet. White-hot pain, like a knife stabbing me, pulses with each throb. It's sharp and searing as it courses all the way to my stomach, nausea rolling up along with it.

I want to vomit.

The pain isn't radiating from my balls though. I swear to God, she knocked them clean off. My balls are gone. This woman just castrated me with one solid punch.

Groaning, my fist hits the floor as I try to catch my breath. Ellie bends down, touching my shoulder. My skin cringes and prickles at the contact. "I'm so sorry! Are you okay? I shouldn't have punched you there!"

Ellie is frantic, apologizing like crazy, while Ace is bent over losing her breath from laughing so hard. "Need... need... some... some ice, Bones?"

Ace swipes at her cheeks that have tears streaming down them while Ellie tries helping me up. I stumble and my feet are barely steady as I try getting up. Everything spins as nausea keeps me folded over and I take in quick painful gulps of air.

A hand rubs my back. "Take deep breaths, it will help."

Irritation gnaws at me but I should've known better than to try to force this woman to do anything. I should've explained myself.

Noted.

I chuckle despite hating the comfort of the hand that had pulverized my manhood. "I'm thinking you've done this before? Quite the cheapshot, Toots."

She sighs, her hand still rubbing my back. My skin slowly starts going from prickling to relaxing at her soothing touch. "Yeah, once, my ex."

"What did he do?" 

She doesn't answer. "Why can't I leave?"

I finally catch my breath and straighten to my full height. A bag of frozen peas smacks me in the face. I catch it as it bounces off, Ace smirking at me. "For your beaten manhood."

"I am really sorry," Ellie says, her big liquid chocolate eyes swimming with sincerity.

I go to the couch and, yes, I use the package of frozen peas on my groin. Luckily, my balls are still attached, not sure how much function they have left in them though. "You can make it up to me by staying."

Ellie's eyes widen and she sits in the chair opposite of me. "Why?"

Ace plops down on the other side of the couch and I cringe at how the soft cushion makes the frozen peas dig into my crotch.

"Because you aren't safe going home," she answers for me. Ellie's brows furrow and I lose the peas, throwing them at Ace who pushes them right off her in disgust. "Ew."

My elbows rest on my knees as I lean forward, wincing a little, brow twitching. "When you talked to Adonis and me outside the diner, Silencers were around and had overheard our conversation. They want you to get to our sister. They won't stop until they have you. They have eyes everywhere."