31: Everything is... Okay?

Who's going to be first?

Just don't think about it

Everything is okay.

Today, I thought I had been primed and ready, hair down and curled, makeup light but still accentuating my eyes, my are you sure you want my opinion lipstick smoothed over my lips.

But alas.

I was not.

My mouth pops as I grunt, trying to zip up the tiny fraction that is my worst nemesis. That tiny, miniscule inch makes me grit my teeth and bounce up and down on my bare feet as if gravity will help me zip the mother puncher up.

My arms burn and stretch in an uncomfortable way, wrist contorted in a last-ditch effort. Nothing, not even a little budge. The dress fits perfectly, except for around my chest.

I started going back to the dojo here again and it made me bulk up a little bit... maybe too much. It's either that or my boobs got bigger. I drop my hands then throw them up in exasperation.

"Addie! I need you! I can't do this." I rip open the dressing room door, my flare for dramatics makes me try zipping it up again to emphasize my struggles. "This stupid zipper is stuck. I even made sure to hook that top part."

My words die as Addie turns to me, her wedding dress elegantly laying on her lithe body. The transparent lace is suctioned to her golden skin that caresses down her arms and back, little bits of white lace design interrupting it. White buttons, resembling pearls curve along her spine, highlighting her slender figure, her back basically bare. The last button touches where the white lace fully takes over hugging her hips and butt then flowing out until it gracefully rests on the floor.

"Oh. My. Good. Lord! Addie, Quinn might not even be able to wait for you to get to the altar. He's goin' to rip you right off the ground and take you somewhere private to have his way with you."

She grins, her cheeks reddening as she pinches her pin k lips together. "You think he'll like it?"

"What part of me sayin' he'll have his way with you did you not get?"

She drops down from her pedestal, the tailor pleased with her alterations and leaving us be. Addie motions for me to spin around and I do. She giggles and fiddles with the zipper. "You couldn't get it up because it's snagged on some of the fabric, silly."

"Oh good, so it's not because I have big boobs or manly arms."

Addie shakes her head, black licorice locks falling from her shoulder, dropping down her back. "I think you should go see yourself in the mirror because if you ask me, my brother will not be able to keep his hands off you."

The thought of Lee makes my chest constrict, my heart squeeze, and my breath leave my lungs. My eyes close, fighting off the pain.

I miss him.