20: Jealousy

You're not a jealous person

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

You're not a jealous person. You're not a jealous person. You. Are. Not. A. Jealous. Person.

.... Screw it!

Yes, I am!

My knee is bouncing up and down, up and down. Addie touches my shoulder and quietly tries to calm me. "It's okay, Ellie. He's about to come back."

I remember a long time ago how it was impossible for me to understand how Addie could've ever been self-conscious. She's so beautiful, gentle, and the sweetest person alive, and Quinn is clearly madly in love with her.

Now I understand her. I get it. And all it takes is two words to sum up my reason why.

Freaking... Lauren.

That silk golden hair is flung back, the light curl bouncing as she does it. Those perfectly painted lips are pulled up into that killer smile that's almost blinding. Her deep alluring blue eyes are smokey with primal lust as her gaze assesses every spec of him like a hungry feline.

I hate her.

I hate her so much.

I hate her even more when her hand touches his bicep that's so beautiful accented by the way the sleeves of his light grey henley are rolled up. Why is it so sexy when guys push up their sleeves? Is it how their forearms tense? The reveal of the hairs sprinkled on their masculine arms? Or how the sleeves tighten and bunch up on their biceps?

All I know is when a guy pushes up his sleeves... it's hot.

What doesn't help is he's sinfully gorgeous today. It's not fair. When I don't get a good night's sleep and am clearly exhausted, I am a mess rolled up in big sweaters, sweatpants, and greasy hair in a bun. It's usually topped off with a makeup-less face and bags under my eyes.

Bones... I mean, Lee hasn't slept well the past few days, according to Quinn, and has opted for giving Quinn a hand around the ranch at all hours.

Lee wears his exhaustion in a jumbled mess of sexiness. His hair needs to be brushed out but I love it like that, all messy and falling every which way around his forehead. The scruff is now a full-on beard, a little sloppy and so dark, so attractive, so rugged. I want to run my fingers along it, letting it scratch my sensitive pads.

That broad chest sucks in a deep, weary breath and even his lashes seem tired as they drape over, lightly touching his cheeks as he closes his eyes. Then his rich green gaze is back on Lauren, the bags weighing heavy under his stare, a harsh contrast to his golden, caramel skin but at the same time, it makes his cutting green gaze heavy and smoldering. It's probably why Lauren is thinking he's enjoying her flirting but in reality... he's just tired.

I hope.

My eyes grow wider, anger stretching them and causing me to bite down on my lip as Lauren trails her hand down his arm. Lee glances down at it then those mesmerizing green eyes snap to her and he mumbles something to her that I can't make out, because I can't read lips...