16. Rain

Adira's POV
The bell rang indicating classes were over for the day. I couldn't wait to just go home and sleep all this tiredness away, but at the same time, the thought of going home wasn't that exciting when I remembered it means I gotta deal with my dad. Thankfully, tomorrow is the trip and I get to stay out of there.

I started to walk around the hallway, looking for Jordan. I was so focused trying to look as far as possible that I didn't noticed what was just in front of me.

An impact in my shoulder took me out of my trance, making me immediately look at whoever was standing in front of me.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry!" My eyes met with Aiden's widened eyes, his hand was grabbing my arm, making sure I wouldn't fall.

"No, it's fine. It's my fault for not paying attention." I said shaking my head at myself, taking a step back since we were close because of the impact.

"In that case it's my fault too because I wasn't paying attention either." He chuckled a bit to which I just nodded and said, "Yeah, it's both's fault. Fair enough."

"How is everything going?" He randomly asked, making me frown a bit. Why does he suddenly cares.

"Good." I replied without thinking, I mean things weren't that bad so it wasn't exactly a lie. And even if I wasn't actually ok, I wouldn't tell him. "What about you?" I added.

"Everything is great! By the way I can't believe how good Monte is doing these past months, remember how we used to cry whenever they lost?" He said laughing remembering how pathetic we were back then when it came to our favorite football soccer team. The mention of it made me feel uneasy, I hated to remember happy moments in my life because it reminds me how everything has changed, for the worse.

"Yeah, how could I forget it." I said with a nostalgic smile.

I miss him, I will probably always do, but he made his decision to leave me years ago. And even if someday he wants me back, that won't happen, because I made my decision too, and I decided things won't always be the way other people wants them. I'm not some forgotten toy a kid found in his old box and decided to play with it again.

"I gotta go, nice talking to you Aiden, see you around." I politely said wanting to get the hell out of here before the conversation could go on.

"Sure, good bye." Was all he said before I started walking away, again looking for Jordan that was nowhere to be found, but this time I paid attention to my whole surroundings.

I got closer to the parking lot, looking for Jordan's car usual spot, but when my eyes landed on it, there was no car to be found.

I quickly realized he left, which surprised me a bit but I wasn't mad at all, he probably had something to do and couldn't wait for me.

I was so thankful that I had some money with me, just enough for a bus ride. The bad thing is that to get to the bus station that would take me home, I had to go through that horrible street. But, I don't really have an option, and I have to start doing things by myself. So I'll just do it.

Jordan's POV

The bell rang but Mr. Ramirez wouldn't dismiss the class until he was done with the topic, taking a few minutes of our precious free time away.

It's been 10 minutes until he finally let us leave. Everyone immediately left the classroom as soon as the teacher dismissed the class, not willing to encourage our Spanish teacher to continue for another 10 damn minutes.

As soon as I exited the door my eyes started searching for a certain someone, almost involuntarily. When they finally found her, let's just say they didn't like what they were seeing.