38. Safe place

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Jordan's POV

"How about we-"

"Stop talking. I'm busy." I said as I tried to read the papers in front of me without shutting Roman up with a punch on his mouth.

"Bitch I know, I'm just trying to help! No need to be so rude!" Roman whined as usual.

"I told you nicely, now leave me the fuck alone or-" I stopped talking when my phone lit up with a message.

7:42 p.m. Luna: are you busy?

She texted me and I completely forgot about Roman and the shit ton of workload I have.

Why would she ask me this? She needs something?

7:42 p.m. Me: Not for you. What's up?

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU ARE NOT BUSY? YOU JUST TOLD ME YOU-" I didn't realize Roman was besides me, spying on my phone, until he fucking screamed on my ear.

I ignored him.

Why is she talking so long to reply? What's going on?

7:44 p.m. Luna: can you please pick me up?

7:44 p.m. Luna: Live location.

I immediately clicked on the location as I grabbed my jacket and car keys.

Why is she here? She is like 30 minutes away from her house. This isn't something she would do, specially asking me to pick her up. Something serious must be going on.

The next thing I knew I was on my car, calling her as I put the location on my car's gps.

She finally answered. "What happened? Why are you there? Are you okay? Fuck...are you hurt? Are you-" I was interrupted when she weakly talked.

"I'm okay."

"What's wrong Luna? I'll be there in 5. Please don't hang up, ok?" I desperately said as I drove like a crazy guy. Fuck the red lights.

My heart dropped when I heard her sobbing. "Are you crying? Baby talk to me, what happened?" I basically begged her to talk, I felt extremely frustrated not knowing what's going on.

I stepped more on the gas pedal.

"I'm okay, I just really need you here." She barely managed to say but her confession made me feel something weird in my stomach.

Fuck, why am I'm blushing? It's not the time. Focus Jordan.

"I'm almost there my love, please wait and don't hang up." I nervously said trying to reassure her.

She didn't hang up as I tried my best to comfort her but I knew I had to get there as soon as possible.

Adira's POV

As soon as I opened the door of my house reality hit me. It was a punch straight in the face, a painful reminder of what my life actually is. It felt like being harshly woken up from a sweet dream or like immediately sobering up when you see how much you gotta pay.

Both of my parents were home already, they wouldn't question me just arriving home because they were too busy screaming at each other.

My eyes instantly watered wishing they could just stay closed.

I have no idea what's going on, I just know I can't stop it. But that doesn't mean I won't try to.

"Dad stop it." I tried to said firmly and loud, I miserably failed but at least I got the words out.