𝐨𝐧𝐞 | come back

"Tikki!" Cecile whispered weakly. "Listen...me and Leo are about to pass...please go to your past owner and get them to fight again. Paris needs both their owners, though, so tell Plagg the same; I trust you," With that, the girl laying down stopped heaving for breaths and fell silent. Her blonde hair fell past her face, falling to the dirty asphalt. Tikki gasped, but then covered her mouth to be silent. She hid behind her owner, afraid of the enemy. The new Hawk Moth glanced over to the frozen miraculous holder and squinted his eyes, then relaxed them just to turn away. Tikki flew back out all the way to Plagg, the cat miraculouses' kwami. He saw her friend's expression and put two and two together. The red and black kwami pulled Plagg aside to where the new Hawk Moth couldn't see them.

"Plagg... we have to go to Adrien and Marinette. It's time to bring them back."

•★★★•

TWENTY-FIVE year old Marinette Dupain-Cheng was at her apartment in New York cooking macaroons for her parents after graduating college. She was now a full-fledged fashion designer after getting a job opportunity for a famous fashionista. The good thing is that Marinette can work at her apartment and have someone from her job come pick up the clothes she makes. But for now, it was time for her to unleash her inner baker girl to thank her parents for helping pay for the first month of their daughter's apartment rent.

The girl popped her pastries in the oven, and sighed. She may have gotten flour everywhere, but it was worth it. After all, these macaroons did look delicious. Marinette secretly looked forward to taking just one small macaroon from the whole batch she was baking for her parents. She took off her oven mitts and sat down in a nearby chair to relax. It was going to take about a half hour to bake the macaroons, possibly even more, so Marinette decided to just scroll through her phone for a while.

But suddenly, to her a surprise, a small gust of wind flew past Marinette. She placed down her phone and turned around to check out what was going on inside her apartment, only to see a kwami. A red kwami, in fact. A red kwami that looked very familiar.

"Tikki?" She questioned, the kwami just smiling in response. 

"Yes, Marinette, it's me." Tikki answered, flying toward her old friend to give her a hug. But then, her facial expression turned serious. "But right now, we've got more to do than reunite. You're gonna have to wear these earrings once again."

•★★★•

Adrien Agreste was living in a 2-story house located in London. Though the home was on the quieter side of the city, Adrien has still been able to be as successful as he's always been. He no longer had to model for the Agreste brand. Oh, no, no no. He was now the head of the company, and he had to admit—running the business was much more interesting than modeling for it. 

Currently, Adrien was spending his time on his laptop sending some emails for work. He was just sitting there, in his living room, his earbuds plugged in, just listening to music when he sensed someone's presence near him. He turned his head slightly to his left, not shifting his eyes from his computer, and only just moving his head. When his eyes finally caught up, Adrien was shocked to see who was next to him.

"What happened to all your camembert? I took a look around but couldn't find any." Plagg said in his raspy voice. 

"Woah, what are you doing here? I haven't seen you in years!" Adrien responded, his face brightening.

"Yep. I'm back, kid. How are you doing? Anything fun?" The kwami said this quite casually, and used his 'charm' to settle things down.

"Actually, things are going pretty great." Adrien inched his head forward, trying to pry some information out of Plagg. He knew from the past that Plagg does a fantastic job of distracting people, so he needed to not lose his mind and focus.

"Um, so, Plagg, what are you doing back here?" Adrien asked.

"Am I not allowed to just visit an old friend? Is that such a crime, blondie?" Plagg answered, rolling his eyes sarcastically.

"No, it's not, but you haven't really paid me a visit in the last seven years. So, what's up?" Adrien leaned in even closer. Plagg paused before replying, just taking a deep breath. 

"Okay, so obviously, after you and Ladybug defeated Hawk Moth, Master Fu needed to find new miraculous holders for me and Tikki. He knew that with all the akumatizations, someone was bound to attack or at least find out information on the miraculous."

Adrien gulped at the mention of his father. Plagg noticed, but kept on going.

"Eventually, he found the new holders fit for the job—Cecile being the new Ladybug, and Leo being the new Chat Noir. Unfortunately, Master Fu was right. Whoever found the butterfly miraculous started to terrorize Paris. But, with the peacock miraculous, too. Like you and Ladybug did, Cecile and Leo fought the best they could. But the difference between your father and this Hawk Moth is that this new miraculous holder is much stronger. They don't only pick random crybabies off the street. They have a lot of additional knowledge, not about the miraculous, per say, but about how to give a good fight. Anyway, it didn't take long for Cecile and Leo to... pass. Before they died, Cecile told Tikki to come to you and Ladybug. So now, Tikki is at Ladybug's house and I'm here. We're here to ask you to fight once again." Plagg breathed heavily, as he just spit a bunch of information at once.

Adrien blinked his eyes slowly and fast. He was super shocked and had no idea what to say. Then, he mustered up some courage, "Well, what about Master Fu? What did he say about all of this?"

"Uh, well, we sort of forgot to ask him at first, haha.. But we soon remembered and told him about it. Don't worry, he thinks it's the best choice, too. Training new holders right now isn't ideal with how strong the enemy is." Plagg said.

Adrien groaned, sighing, "You know I don't want to see Ladybug, Plagg."

"I know." Plagg started, "But like I said, you two are our best bet right now. Paris can be attacked again any minute now, and we have no leads on who this new Hawk Moth is. Or Shadow Moth, as they call themselves. Please, just do it for the city." 

"I don't know, Plagg. I'll give you an answer soon. For now, just hang out here. I'll go buy camembert when I go to the market later today." Plagg cheered silently, and flew straight to a bean bag sitting in the corner.

-

okay so before you go on, please read!
this story gets SO much better in the later chapters. like once chapter no. 8 hits (don't worry, some are short, this chapter isn't too far ahead) hits, or no. 10, the story is 1000 times more engaging and u will not regret it if you keep with this story. my writing and plot might not be the best right now, but i can't exactly change the story too much because it's already been published! anyway, please enjoy, and please STICK WITH IT!