𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 | fathom

"SHE doesn't even like me," Adrien whined.

"Nonsense! Didn't she literally hug you a couple nights ago while you bawled into her shoulder and got your snot everywhere?" Plagg mentioned.

Adrien gave his kwami a stern look, "Yes, but she didn't like me in the past. Therefore, she never will."

"You're so stubborn! How do you even know that? Her type could've changed, you know."

"Plagg, it's okay. One day I'm going to have to move on from Ladybug and find somebody new to love. It's just life, not stubbornness."

"If you say so."

•★★★•

"Tikki, this whole thing with Chadrien is never going to work out." Marinette said, smashing her face with a pillow.

"Can you stop calling him that? It's weird," Tikki responded.

"What, Chadrien? Sorry, but it's what makes the most sense."

"Ugh, fine, but Marinette, why do you think it's not going to work out?" Tikki asked, flying up to her holder and sitting on her shoulder.

"Well, first of all, I have rejected him so many times in the past. Second, he calls me, Marinette, 'just a friend'. And lastly, he's probably moved on from me and is going to just hit up Chloe at this point!" Marinette fell back onto her bed and groaned.

"Well.. you're not wrong, but you shouldn't lose hope!" Tikki reassured Marinette. "You never know what can happen."

"Yeah, but—" Mari's phone rang, and she put a finger up to her mouth to let Tikki know that she had to remain quiet. Marinette answered the phone and put it up to her ear.

"Hello?" She asked the caller.

"Ah, Mari! Glad to see you picked up. Can you meet me at Café de Paris in an hour? I need to talk to you about something extremely important."

"Of course, I'm happy you are in town. See you soon, Felix!"

•★★★•

Marinette walked into the cafe and waved a quick "hello" to Abrielle before spotted Felix.

"Hey, Marinette." Felix greeted, gesturing to the seat across from him.

"Hey! So, why'd you ask me here?" The bluenette asked, sitting down.

"Okay, you're as curious as ever. Well, if you must know.. I'm going to propose to Kagami." Felix grinned at the thought, excited.

"Wow, really? I'm so happy for you two." Marinette said, her jaw dropping to the floor as she heard the news.

"Yeah. We've been dating forever, so I think it's time I popped a ring on her finger, haha.." Felix started, "But I'm not exactly sure how to do it, when to do it, and where to do it. You're one of her oldest and truest friends, so.. I thought you'd know."

Marinette was shocked—Felix wanted her advice? In all the years they'd known each other, not once has he ever asked for help on anything. Plus, Felix and Marinette's relationship was complicated; They were good friends, but never kept in contact with each other. Actually, Felix didn't exactly stay in touch with most of the people here in Paris. Even with Adrien.

"Um, well, Kagami wouldn't want you to do it infront of a lot of people. So no busy, crowded place." Marinette stated, and Felix nodded in response.

"Got it."

"And she wouldn't want you to make a big deal about it either. So.. no grand, romantic gesture."

"Noted."