𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨 | the dinner party

"MOTHER, please, just let him—" Felix protested.

"No, Felix, Adrien is a part of the family, he has to sit at our table. We rarely get to see him, and he can meet his friends anytime. It was planned this way from the start, and we can't switch it up now." Amelie Graham De Vanily responded, her voice stern but reasonable.

Felix was trying to convince his mother to allow Adrien to sit with the others, specifically Marinette, per Alya's request. He knew that this was his own wedding, and that his mother didn't have that kind of power over him, but he knew that she would throw a fit if she saw Adrien sitting at a separate table. Amelie had always liked Adrien, and tried to care for him when Gabriel never could.

Alya was standing behind Amelie, glaring at Felix and giving him a look that said, "Try harder!" But, Felix knew that there was no pushing it. Instead, he came up with a brilliant idea.

"What if he sits with his friends for the first half, and us for the second?" Felix proposed. Amelie's eyes widened at the thought, but then she softened and smiled.

"Okay, fine, just this once. For Adrien." She gave her son a quick hug and rushed over to some other relatives. As soon as she was out of the picture, Alya, Nino, and Kagami came rushing over to Felix.

"So? What'd she say?" Nino asked, impatient.

"You guys get half of Adrien, and we get half of Adrien." Felix explained.

"Hmph, I could've gotten us Agreste for the entire dinner." Alya mentioned.

"Yeah, sure." Felix rolled his eyes and grabbed Kagami's waist, pulling her in.

"Don't question my skills, Fathom." Alya said.

•★★★•

The many tables pulled out for the wedding were covered in delectable looking food, ranging from fancy edibles like caviar to more casual things like chicken wings. Adrien's eyes went wide at the selection, and he immediately dug in. He wouldn't have to give his speech for another thirty-ish minutes anyway, so he might as well indulge, right?

Sitting at the same table as him were Marinette, Alya, Nino, Sabrina, and Chloe. The blonde had finally made an appearance after (presumably) hiding in the bathroom for the entire reception, and was now ready to eat. She avoided everyone's eyes and just stared down at her food, utensils in hand. Sabrina was sitting next to her, trying to strike up conversation but hesitating, and therefore pulling away before a word could escape her lips.

"Sabrina, just go talk to her." Adrien said. Chloe couldn't hear this, since the conversations of many around them were making it very hard to hear actual words.

"But what if she's mad? Or if she doesn't want to be friends again?" Sabrina questioned.

"You'll never know if you don't try." Adrien mentioned. This got Sabrina to muster up the courage once again, but this time, go through with it.

"Hey, Chloe." Sabrina greeted, making the blonde turn her head and glance up at the ginger.

"Oh, Sabrina, hey." Chloe responded, sort of shyly.

There was some brief silence after that. Well, not complete silence, said it was so loud at the venue at this point. But, it was like some imaginary silence. Just between the two of them.

Then, it was broken.

"Are you mad at me?"

"I'm sorry."

They both said this at the same time, leaving the other stunned.