𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 | hello, dad

"ABRIELLE, what are you doing?" Gabriel asked frantically, standing still in fear and astonishment.

"I'm doing what was meant to happen from the beginning." Shadow Moth answered, a sly smile creeping onto her lips. She had paused to allow a conversation to rise between herself and her somewhat of an accomplice, leaving some time for Chat to escape.. but he was too weak to even move.

Gabriel's breath went quick, heaving as he stuttered, "You—what?"

"Oh, don't be upset with me, Agreste, you helped me get to this point." Shadow Moth reminded.

Gabriel's face went white, and he felt like he wanted to lunge at the woman in front of him, "Y-You didn't tell me you were going to kill them, Abrielle!" He screamed at the top of his lungs, like he was letting out all this bottled up anger inside of him, that his son didn't know he had.

"That's too bad." Shadow Moth consoled, just grinning at Gabriel menacingly. The Agreste didn't really know what to make of this at first. I mean, he could continue helping Ms. Dumas, so he could grant his wish. But then, he would have to watch his son die. Was Gabriel ready for that kind of choice? That kind of change in his life? He'd had to adjust to one similar only a little over a decade ago, and the transition wasn't very smooth. So would he want to go through it again?

No.

Without a second thought, Gabriel's eyes scanned around the room quickly as he felt pressured to save his own son, and spotted the cat's staff lying on the ground. It was within reach, but would require some traveling to acquire it. He then glanced at Ladybug, who was still tied up in her own yoyo, and formed a plan. He knew what he had to do.

Once his plan was thought out, he set it into motion. Gabriel rushed to Chat Noir's staff, swiftly grabbing it, almost dropping it, actually, and tossed it over to Ladybug. She caught it with her hand, though it was definitely difficult to, but the staff being thrown directly into her hand's direction allowed the movement to pass with ease. As Shadow Moth saw this, she quickly let go of Chat and sprung up, racing to Gabriel and tackling him, pinning him to the ground.

"Wrong fucking move, asshole." She threatened, panting as she held the sharp end of her staff at Gabriel's throat. The blade was almost touching his skin, lighting tapping him 'on the shoulder' as a little reminder. As this was all going on, Ladybug snuck the staff underneath her yoyo that was surrounding her and extended it, allowing the string to loosen and free her. She quickly rushed over to Chat Noir, who was still struggling on the ground. Ladybug helped him up, holding his main, most urgent wound which was on his side.

"Lucky Charm!" Ladybug called out, some scissors dropping out of the sky. Her facial expression looked frustrated, "No, no, that's not what we need. Lucky Charm!" A toothbrush dropped down. "Fucking—Lucky Charm!"

A watch.

"What the hell?" Ladybug groaned, "I'm sorry, Chat. Look, just uh.." She looked around, then spotted the pole she was tied up against. The two walked over there, "Just wait over here, okay? I won't let her touch you." Ladybug gave a reassuring smile and went away, rushing to the scene.

"Let him go, Abrielle." She said, approaching the two on the ground, swinging her yoyo around. When Shadow Moth didn't respond, she jumped onto her, tearing her hands off of Gabriel. Luckily enough, Ladybug's attempt succeeded, and Shadow Moth tore away. As soon as she did, Ladybug checked up on her soon-to-be-father-in-law.

"Are you hurt?" She asked, checking his body for any signs of damage.

"No, no, I'm fine." Gabriel answered, getting up.

"Good, good. Alright, just stand here and don't interfere with this anymore, got it?" Ladybug strictly instructed, not waiting for his answer. She turned around, about to leave to go chase after Shadow Moth when Gabriel pulled her back by the arm.

"Wait, I just need to tell you that I'm on your side now. Please, I just want to help you. I want what's best for you and Chat Noir."

"Says the person that threatened me seven years ago just so his son wouldn't be dating a baker girl." Ladybug said, turning around to face Gabriel. Her eyes were filled with rage, red rage, "It didn't seem like you were on our side when you told Shadow Moth my identity."

"Marinette, the game you're playing here is dangerous. Just let me help you."

"Don't say my name. You have no right to call me that right now. Just—" Ladybug was cut off by a sudden sound of grunting, hitting, yelling—

Chat Noir.

She had forgotten to chase Abrielle.

Ladybug turned around to see Chat getting striked again by Shadow Moth's staff and ran over, Gabriel following behind.

Abrielle stopped for a second, "Now for the final blow." She took out a gun from the back pocket of her costume, and aimed it at Chat Noir, "I could've just shot you from the get-go. But where's the therapy, or fun in that?" She grinned and cackled as her finger played with the trigger, lightly pressing on it, and letting go over and over again.

Then, she pulled it for real.

A loud bang filled the warehouse, Ladybug's yoyo trying to drag Chat Noir away quickly but missing. Her eyes were filled with tears as she did this, but suddenly they widened. Chat blinked from the side, his body lying on the floor as he had been pushed out of the way. He lifted his head, looking around the room as his eyes landed on his father.

His very dead father.

"No.." He started, Chat Noir's mouth trembling as he spoke. He then grabbed his staff and shot it at Shadow Moth, pushing her to the ground for a second. And with that one second, Chat Noir rushed to Gabriel as fast as he could in his condition and checked his pulse.

There was no pulse.

"No, no, father, dad, please." Chat's tears dripped out of his eyes onto Gabriel's face. Why was he crying? His father was a bad person. His father had ruined his life. So why on earth were his eyes betraying him?

As Chat continued to cry, Ladybug took this chance to tackle Shadow Moth to the ground, grabbing one miraculous—the miraculous of the butterfly. Shadow Moth's costume quickly cut in half, the purple color scheme leaving. And with it, the strong, deadly staff.

"Seems like you only have a weak, feathered fan to help you now." Ladybug teased. Just then, Shadow Moth pulled that very fan out. But to her surprise, LB whacked it out of her hand, "Oops. Guess you don't really have that either. How are you going to create your silly little amoks now?"

Ladybug tried to take the peacock miraculous as well, but soon failed as Shadow Moth grabbed her hand, "I may not be as strong as you are anymore, but I can still fight back." Shadow Moth used her strength and pushed Ladybug backwards, allowing herself to stand back up. She somehow felt stronger now, and upbeat, but her ego slowly faded as she heard the words Chat was muttering to himself.

"Father, dad.. please, I'm sorry."

Shadow Moth stopped in her tracks, "Dad?.. Adrien?" She asked, looking stunned. She hadn't expected the one and only Chat Noir to be Adrien, someone she genuinely cared for and reminded her of.. of Julien.

Julien wouldn't have wanted her to do this for him. Julien wouldn't have wanted revenge. Julien was just a boy who wanted his mother to be there for him, no matter what, and to always be herself and never change for other people. And right now.. right now, his mother wasn't being herself.

Ladybug took this second chance to snatch the peacock brooch off of Shadow Moth's chest, the villain now de-transforming to just plain old Abrielle Dumas.

But, she didn't move. She continued to just stand there, even after her defeat, almost.. accepting it. In a way, she seemed.. remorseful.

-

two more chapters!! who's excited?