𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱 | miraculous

"OKAY, okay, we're going to walk in together and listen to the audible gasps come out of their mouths." Marinette stated, heading over to Café de Paris, arm in arm with a certain Agreste.

"Got it." Adrien nodded. They approached the cafe and swung open the door, the small bell on the top of the entrance ringing a welcome.

"Okay, so our goal is bring them back toge—" Alya was saying, sitting on top of one of the tables and speaking to Nino and Abrielle. But, she stopped as soon as she spotted the two coming into the cafe.

And, her eyes went wide.

"What the fuck—" Alya said, running up to the couple, "Are you guys good again? No problems?"

"You could say that." Adrien just smirked and turned to his left and leaned down as Marinette went onto her tip-toes to give Adrien a light peck on the lips.

"Explain now, please." Alya urged.

Well, the whole thing was quite simple, really. After their meeting at Marinette's house regarding the fashion show, Marinette started to re-think getting into a relationship with Adrien. She had said no before, but now, she was willing to say yes.

I mean, there were ups and downs, for sure, but she realized that nothing will ever be perfect in her life. There will always be a part of her that will be dedicated to her special life, and she may not always get what she wants. So if it couldn't happen in the future, then it would happen now.

It's all about risks. It's not like Ladybug and Chat Noir were close to defeating Shadow Moth or anything, but things were getting much better. Battles were faster, communication was better, and Shadow Moth was growing weaker by the second.

Of course, she didn't know that Adrien was working his way to figure out Shadow Moth's identity. But that didn't matter. In the end, Marinette was just going to do this one thing for herself and try not to back out of it. It needed to be done.

"Maybe later, Alya. For now, let's just relax and hangout. Working on those dresses for someone has made me a bit restless." She eyed Adrien and just smirked, receiving a chuckle from her boyfriend.

"Alright.. but if you don't spit it out soon, I'm going to rustle Adrien's hair instead of you."

"You wouldn't dare."

Alya just shrugged in response, walking away to go back to the table. Marinette just laughed and shook her head, then dragged Adrien over to the group of friends to join them.

"Okay, so, what are we watching again?" Nino asks.

"Ten Things I Hate About You, of course!" Alya says, rolling her eyes at Nino's dumb question.

"Ah. Right.." Nino replies.

Everyone snuggles up on a couch in the back of the cafe, which also has a TV that they can watch the movie on. Adrien and Marinette lie against each other, hugging each other for support. It feels warm, fuzzy, and really, really, great.

"Smile!" Alya warns as she suddenly hovers her phone in front of the couple to snap a photo. Adrien just chuckles at this.

"Hey, guys, quiet down! The movie is starting.." Abrielle says as she sets the remote on the coffee table, "I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick, but don't wait for me! Go ahead."

"Thanks, Ab." Adrien says, smiling. Abrielle then leaves, exiting the room to head to the restrooms.

"Tell me why they had to make the teacher write smut again?" Nino asks, making a weird face at the screen.

"It's just a funny little side plot, Nino. Don't look into it too much." Alya responds, hugging her fiance tighter.

"Oh my gosh, Heath Ledger!" Marinette giggles.

"Hey, not a big fan of me anymore?" Adrien teases, looking to his right to glance at Marinette while smirking.

"I like to think I'm your biggest fan." Marinette says, giving Adrien a kiss on the cheek. The blond's face burnt up at this, and Nino just snickered in the corner.

"Shut up, Nino." Adrien said, pouting. Nino just shrugged in response, and laughed, Alya joining him this time.

"Alright, I'm back, what did I miss?" Abrielle wondered, heading to sit down on a chair, holding something behind her back.

"Not much; Just the intro, really." Marinette responded.

"Ah, okay. Here, I got you all some cookies on my way!" Abrielle revealed the tray of treats and placed them on the coffee table, watching as everyone dug in.

"Ab, these are amazing!" Adrien exclaimed, but then turned to Marinette and whispered, "I'm sure yours are better though, Mari."

"Aw, thanks." Marinette replied, appreciating the compliment. She was going to say something, but Adrien's phone rang in his pocket.

He pulled out his cell and glanced at it, "Oh shit, it's work. It'll be quick, though, don't worry. Be right back, okay?" Everyone nodded and Adrien stood up, and exited the back room and headed to the main dining area to answer the call.

"Okay, okay, good. Yeah, see you on Tuesday. Uh-huh. Bye." Adrien hung up the phone once the relatively short call was finished, and was about to head back over to the group when he got a certain notification.

"You have one new recording."

"Oh my fucking god," Adrien muttered under his breath, realizing that a new recording from Shadow Moth was coming through. He pressed on the notification so the recording would pop up, and once it did, the big, red "play" button covered most of his screen. Adrien pressed it, listening to the recording:

"That bitch. I can't believe our own 'superhero of the century' is Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Her and her luck, defeating my villains so quickly. That dumb Chat Noir doesn't even do anything.. I'll have to make my move on her soon. Just wait, Marinette."

Adrien was shocked, but not too surprised. Was he really supposed to be confused learning that Marinette was his partner in crime, all this time? Both identities were beautiful, independent, strong, and loveable. After hearing the news, everything was clear to him. Adrien couldn't understand how he hadn't realized it before.

It was silent for a moment, until Plagg flew out of Adrien's shirt, "What kind of corny message was that? 'Just wait, Marinette' my ass.."

"Plagg!" Adrien took a deep breath, "I think there are more important matters here." He listened to Marinette's laughter, "Shadow Moth is planning something big and is going to make a move soon. For Ladybug.. for Marinette."

"You better get on that then."

"Slow down, I just found out that the girl I love is the girl I loved."

"Well, how does that make you feel?"

".. Miraculous."

-

this chapter is kinda bad but its important to the story line! next chapter is going to be so good tho, trustt