29- Welcome To The Jungle

Season 3 x 13

The team was gathered in the cortex as Jesse tells them why she had arrived through the breach, "It's been two weeks since he disappeared. I mean, no one's seen or heard from him since" she says pacing around the room.

"Slow down. Just start from the beginning. Okay, why did your dad go to Gorilla City?" Barry asks her.
"Wait, can we slow down even further? What the hell is Gorilla City?" Joe then says.

"Okay, so" Jesses tarts as she clears her throat, "There are sentient, highly intelligent evolved gorillas in Earth-2. And they all live in a city deep in the heart of Africa" she explains.
"We sent Grodd there when he went after Fay Wray here" Cisco says.

"Grodd's there" Joe asks. "Why on Earth, any Earth would your father want to go there?" he asks Jesse.
"I mean, we received a mathematical cryptogram at our STAR Labs. It was highly complex. It took a week to decode it, but my dad and I did" Jesse tells them.

"What did it end up saying?" Katrina asks.
"It was an invitation from the gorillas to my dad" Jesse tells her.
"Why Harry?" Barry asks her.
"They wanted to meet him" Jesse says, "So he mounted an expedition with ten other people, and they went into the jungle. But they failed multiple check-ins, and a search party went in after them. But all they found were the bodies...all of them beaten to death. But no one's seen my dad." Jesse tries to hold her tears back, "I mean, is he—"

"No" Barry says to her.  "No, he's alive.  They—they went to a lot of trouble to get him there.  They need him for something. We're gonna figure out what that is." Barry says to her
"Oh! There you guys are" they then all hear H.R saying, "Are we going for coffee or what?" he asks them all.

Jesse looks at him thinking it's her father and runs to him, "Dad" she says as she hugs H.R.
"Oh" H.R says taken aback by the hug, "Yes, that's how you say good morning, people—with hugs, hi" he says to Jesse as she pulls away from him.

"Jess, that's not who you think it is" Caitlin then says to Jesse, "This is H

"Jess, that's not who you think it is" Caitlin then says to Jesse, "This is H.R. You met him briefly right before you left last time" she goes on to say.
"At your service, madame" H.R says to Jesse.
"He's Harry's replacement" Wally tells her.
"Some would say improvement" H.R smiles.

"Umm, this is Harry's daughter" Cisco tells H.R.
"Yeah" H.R says looking at Cisco.
"He's been kidnapped" Cisco explains.
"He—I didn't know, I'm so sorry, I thought- "H.R says.
"Sorry about that" Jesse says stepping away from him.
"I'm sorry, too. I'm sorry I took the smile from your face" H.R apologizes to Jesse.

Katrina looks over at Barry, who has the look on his face when he is deep in thought, "What's on your mind?" she asks him.
He sighs, "The future" he tells her.
Barry takes out the board with the headlines from the future on it, "This headline right here, the city's still recovering from a gorilla attack" he tells them.

"So, you're thinking this headline and Harry being taken are tied together?" Joe asks him.
"I mean, it can't be a coincidence, right?" Barry asks all of them. "Harry, getting lured to Gorilla City? Grodd must be planning something" he goes on to say.