=Her Story=

Evangeline

He was acting differently.

The nicknames stopped, and he seemed more hesitant around me.

I don't know why.

"Is everything okay?" He finally looks up from his phone and at me.

"Everything is fine tre- Evangeline." He says and goes back to his phone, making me roll my eyes.

He invites me to small brunch things and little outings but when I go he pays me no attention.

Why invite me then?

I let out a big sigh, he doesn't lookup. I frown and let out a more dramatic sigh, "Who is forcing you to do this?"

"What do you mean?"

"Who is forcing you to take me places, just because my best friend is married to your brother, doesn't mean we need to be friends."

"You don't want to be friends?"

I let out a frustrated sigh, "That is not what I meant, and you know it."

He cocks a brow, a smirk painting his face before it goes back to being blank and nonchalant, "No one is forcing me to take you places, I do so because I want to."

I cross my arms, "Doesn't seem like it, your behavior changed."

"I just want to treat you with respect,"

"Who says I want to be treated with respect," I blurt out before realizing my mistake. I look down, feeling my cheeks heating up in embarrassment. "That's not what I meant."

"I know," He teases, voice laced with humor.

"You were already respectful before, this behavior is different, why?"

The smile leaves his face, and it goes back blank of all emotions, "I don't want to be disrespectful to you and your partner."

"What partner? I'm single."

"Don't lie to me, Evangeline,"

"I'm telling the truth," His accusation confused me even more.

"Evangeline, it's obvious that I am falling for you. I try my hardest to stop myself but I can't. I am so infatuated by you to not care if you have a partner or not, as long as I'm in your life. But, I know that you would not want that, so please let me respect you and your fiancé, the best way I can."

I blink, his confession surprising me. "Give me your car keys,"

"What?"

"Give me your keys, I have something to explain to you."

He gives me his keys and takes them. I walk to his car, and he follows me in-suite, not saying anything. "Where are we going?"

"I'm going to explain some things to you," I answer, following the path, ignoring the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. "I'm going to prove to you that I am not lying."

"Evang-"

"Quiet." I snap.

The rest of the car ride was silent. My heart racing to the point, I'm pretty sure he can hear it. My head spins with millions of questions, one louder than the other.

Am I doing the right thing?

We finally arrived at the building, the building I swore that I would never enter again.

"Who's mansion is this?" He finally speaks up, getting out of the car with me.

"Mines," I reveal before opening the door. Immediately the sounds of children running and laughing are heard. "I donated it to the orphanage after my parents died."