Explain

Jungkook was the first to be awake. He walked into the small common room and decided to wait til everyone woke up. He didn't get a wink last night anxious about what he was going to find out today. The boy sat quietly with a sketchbook and pencil in hand. As he hummed a tune, his hands moved to create something that reflected his feeling. 

Hobi walked in next and just sat watching Jungkook. They didn't talk, it too early for words but Hobi admired the sketch that was in progress. As time went on, more and more of the guys started waking up. Some going straight for the coffee and others just saying good morning and starting breakfast. 

Dawa was also awake. He entered the room while on the phone. Everyone just stayed quiet not wanting to disturb the conversation. 

"Yes mum. I know. I will, I promise. I-I know I messed up...Yes. They're right here." Dawa looked at them, one by one and instantly regretted what he said yesterday. "Uhh...My mom wants to say hi." 

Everyone's ears perked up. They all looked around but Namjoon was still sleeping. "I'll translate." Dawa clarified. 

"Hello!" Hobi greeted, even though Dawa's mother couldn't see his face, she could hear the happiness and warmth in his voice. The rest of the boys greeted together.

"Hi! It's so nice to talk to you!" Dawa translated, enjoying the unity. "Dawa talks about each one of you so much! And he sends so many videos and pictures!" Dawa translated again, this time enjoying the surprise in everyone's face.

"Wow really? We hope all good things!" Jimin responded which Dawa translated to his mother. "Where's...Essie?" Taehyung asked, looking at Dawa to see if he got the name right. Everyone knew who Essie was. Dawa talked to her for hours, laughing. It was really the only time Dawa actually laughed. 

"My girlfriend id giving her a french lesson. Well, I just want to say that everyone of you are so amazing and talented! And I'm so glad that Dawa met such hardworking caring people such as yourselves. Please take care of Dawa for me, I know he's a lot to handle." Dawa translated the whole thing. All the boys thanked her, and assured her that Dawa was in good hands. 

Dawa walked back into the room. "Alright mum. I got go."

"Okay, next time I want you to talk to Amy. You'll love her!" 

"Okay."

"And, Moonie, please, be more open to them. They want to help you. They're good people." 

"I know mum."

"Dawa, listen what happened that day was not your fault. I know you feel responsible but it was just bad luck. Okay? Please don't blame yourself, he wouldn't want that. Okay honey? He loved you to the moon and beyond. Same as me. So don't put yourself through that." 

"Okay mum. Thanks...I love you, tell Essie that I love her." The call ended. Dawa knew what he had to do. 

Everyone was eating, and their was a place set for him too. Namjoon had also walked in, so everyone was in the room. Their was at least three different conversations, going on. Yoongi and Namjoon kept an eye on Dawa. They noticed nothing out of the ordinary, but then again, it was Dawa. Master of secrets and hiding his emotions. 

"Alright. Enough. Dawa Hyung, you owe us an explanation!" 

The chattering dimmed, all eyes went to Dawa, who was in mid-chew. He understood what he had done, and he understood that the time was now and if not now, then never. Dawa heard the conversation that they had happened yesterday and he hated himself for making them worry.

"I...I guess I do. But first. I want to apologize for what I said. I don't like my birthdays, it's a been a bad day for me since I was eight. And all of you were wishing me a happy birthday and it kind of made me lose myself. But it's still no excuse to what I said." He didn't have the courage to look up and into their faces. He didn't want to see how much he hurt their feelings. 

Jimin and Taehyung looked at each other, shocked. They both were thinking the same exact thing. 'you'ed have to have gone through something really bad to hate your birthdays!' 

"I'm really sorry. And I'm also sorry for worrying you guys.  And I'm sorry if it always seem like I'm pushing you all away by keeping silent and to myself. I find it awkward to talk about myself. But I guess you all want to know why I hate my birthday and I guess I owe it to you..." 

"Wait wait, Dawa, you don't have to tell us now. If you aren't ready then we can wait." Hobi spoke. As curious as he was, Hobi understood that Dawa must have gone through a really hard time. 

"No, I have to now, or else I'll never do it, and I'm ready" Dawa assured, he knew that he had to peel off a layer of him. And He'd reather start with the hardest one. "Um, so, on my eighth birthday, my dad picked me up from school and on the way to school, I got mad at him because he acted like he forgot my birthday... So I scremed a him. I told him that he wasn't my real father. I told him I hated him. I told him that he wasn't my father at all and that I was really unlucky to have no father." Dawa paused. His throat was hurting, a lump forming. His heart was starting to ache. "He was driving but he was trying to comfort me and he looked away once from the steering wheel and then we- their was another car and we collided into each other. The other car had a mother and her set of twins, they all survived, but my father, he was ble-bleeding, their was so much blood, My leg got stuck and all I could smell was blood...and he died with my last words to him being I hate you." 

Dawa was crying now, he couldn't hold it in. The tears were endless. "I have a-a scar." He lifted the bottom of his pants to reveal a large scar, starting from mid calf all the way to his ankle. "And- and"

"Dawa, breathe. You can take it slow." Yoongi coached him, he didn't want to be hear, he didn't want to hear this. He didn't want to hear Dawa cry again. But he had to, he had to be their for Dawa. After Dawa calmed down he continued. "And last night...I get carsick a lot because my memories come back every time I  get in a car. And I get sick remembering everything I said to him." He just stared down at his hands, he didn't want to the others crying or feeling sad for him.

"I, Hyung!" Jimin who was sitting next Dawa hugged him. A soft wholesome hug as Jimin cried. "You should have told us sooner! And you shouldn't ne dancing so much with that leg of yours. I know it hurts afterwards!" He wailed as everyone else cried.

"You should have told us about your car sickness. But I now understand why you didn't." Namjoon begin. "But, you're part of Bangtan now. You're part of this team.So if something is bothering you, you talk to us. That's what a team does, they work together and help each other." Namjoon couldn't help but give a pep talk. He wanted Dawa to understand that they were in this together. 

"Anything else we should know about?" Jin asked further. He was starting to understand Dawa better. Dawa was someone who need to be prompted. He needed to be reminded and asked.

"Blood-I have hemophobia. Fear of blood." He stated. Eveeyone knew that it wasn't an irrational fear but an outcome of a traumatic experience. Dawa had forced himself to say this. he never would have told them otherwise but he knew he had to do that now. 

"Dawa, I'm glad you told us this. I think that today we should hang out and play games to get to know each other better." Namjoon suggested. Jungkook was at a loss for words. He was crying into Taehyung's hoodie. The two of them too shocked my the heartache that Dawa lived through. 

"Hyung...I, I think you're very strong, and I'm sorry for being immature..."

"It's okay Kook. Here I got you more Banana milk so please don't cry anymore." Dawa spoke gently, wiping away the tears that stained Jungkook's baby cheeks. 

A/n:

WOw! That;s a lot of words!