Album Cover

"Okay! That's it." Namjoon shouted excitedly. They had finally finished recording the last song and all that needed to be done was editing and the touch-ups. 

"Let's go practice the choreography! Hobi hyung, can you help me?" Taehyung asked as the rest of them were leaving. Only Yoongi and Dawa remained in the studio. 

"Why aren't you going?" Yoongi questioned not taking his eyes off of the screen. Dawa stared down, then looked around the studio before answering. 

"I just feel like being with-"

"The truth." Yoongi interrupted with a sigh. He was finally looking at Dawa in the face. Yoongi chuckled at the sight of Dawa. He was a few shades paler and he was doing that thing he does with his mouth when he got slightly nervous. "Is it really that hard for you to tell us things like this?" He was now facing Dawa who refused to look at him. "I guess it is." He concluded and then went back to his work. 

"I-My foot hurts to walk on right now," Dawa whispered quietly. 

"Why is that?" 

"I was here all night practicing in the dance studio." He mumbled. Yoongi spun his chair and reached over his hand to Dawa's forehead and flicked him. 

"Your dancing is fine, why did you torture yourself like that?" 

"The other day I kept messing up and I couldn't stay on beat." 

"You were just tired. Next time you do something like that I'll ban you from drinking tea, got that?" Yoongi scolded. "Get it through your thick skull that your performance will only worsen if you strain yourself." 

Dawa nodded and let out a smile. "Oh! I was thinking..." Yoongi shook his head at the all too familiar behavior of Dawa's. Anytime someone shows an ounce of worry towards him, he changes the subject. And anytime he talks about himself he redirects the attention to something else. 

"Okay, you're the mastermind Apollo, tell me, what were you thinking?" And just like that, the two of them worked together editing the song all night. Yoongi was teaching Dawa the dos and don't of producing and composing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last meeting before the shooting started, they talked about what the album cover should look like. The group had already decdied that it should somehoe represent each member separately but together. 

"Does that- Are we making any sense?" Namjoon asked as he tried to explain it to them. Then he looked at the others for help. 

"What did you have in mind?" 

Dawa looked around to his members, they were all silent. BTS did not have a specific idea about this it was really a last minute discussion before the meeting.  

"I think it makes sense that we make the album cover related to our solo songs which is also related to the BU story." Dawa started, Namjoon smiled, bopping his head up and down to show his agreement. "Something in the stories that is symbolic to each character or their decisions. And then if we sort of show that symbol through out the solo music videos without making it too obvious...then we can say extract the basic idea and break it down to shapes and lines or actually combine two characters symbols who have made similar choices and then somehow bring it all together. That way there would be more negative space and it won't look as crowded..." Dawa trailed off. The room was silent, no one knew what to say. Most of them thought they understood but they didn't want to mess it up and make the group unhappy with the result and whatever Dawa was describing seemed too specific. 

"I like hyung's idea!" Jungkook shouted, he was smiling his bunny like smile with those huge eyes of admiration. "I think we should do what he said. Like exactly like he said." 

"Well, if the entire group agrees then I don't see why not." Sae-Jun intervened. He could tell the staff were a bit hesitant. 

"Same here, what Dawa, what you proposed seems very specific and none of want to disappoint you with the outcome. So far as I can tell, it sounds like you have a very vivid idea of what the album cover should look like. I'm sorry if I'm stepping out of my boundaries here by asking you this, but would you like to help me design the cover?" The women in the suit asked. She had her computer out which she had been typing furiously on for the entire meeting until now. Kim Se-Ri was the most professional women with the best work ethics. She was in charge of the merch designs, album covers, poster designs etc. Sad thing was she was moving to Japan with her husband so she wouldn't be able to work here starting next month. 

Dawa gave his managers a look, then his members, and then finally the rest of the staff in the meeting. None of them seemed to objecting. 

"Yes please. I would really like that." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

For the past few week as everyone else was filming there solo videos and running around to practice and attend photo shoots as well as carrying the individual group responsibilities, Dawa was studying the BU story that Bang Si Hyuk had made. 

Se-Ri had been talking through the ideas with him and pointing out the main similarities in the characters such as their choices, hardships, and their emotional well being. 

"I think you're going to have to see how they incorporate these in the solo music videos but you should also get started on the design. We'll both come up with one and choose whichever one we like better and then incorperate the ideas or details from the other one. Sound good? Great. I'm dying for some Lotteria right now. Oh shoot! You have to go. Where the heck is your manager? I swear that Soo-Gi is never on time." She stared at her watch, shaking her head in disappointment. 

Dawa wasn't really listening. He was too immersed in the story. So far, Jimin, Jungkook and Yoongi had finished their solo music video. Dawa was watching their videos, the unedited version until he felt a harsh hand shake him for attention. 

"Gotta take you to the group photo shoot for the concept photos. Let's go." Se-Ri clicked her tounge at the harshness of Soo-Gi's treatment towards Dawa. 

After the two were out of her sight, she shook her head. "He didn't even say hi to the kid. How rude. And he was late. Ugh, I hate people like him. And the shaking him like that? What's wrong with him? I should have a talk with Sae-Jun." she grumbled to herself as she gathered her belongings. 

A/N

hi! 

Sorry this took a while! I just want to say thank everyone who gave this story a chance. I never imagined that people would be interested in it! And thank you for voting, and getting this story on #1 in idol! Another thing, if you have anything you want to ask about, or suggest for Hatching feel free to. Or if you just need/want to talk, you can always message me. 

💜💜💜