Icarus

Dec 23, 2017

There was an hour before BTS had to go on stage to perform. Dawa noticed how the others seemed to be acting a little strange. Whispering to each other when they thought he wasn't looking. After a few minutes of this strange behavior, the members just grabbed Dawa's hand and led him to a different waiting room.

Dawa stared, speechless. "Essie? Mum? Wh-What are you doing here?" Dawa ran to them and gave them a hug. Dawa's mother kissed Dawa on the cheek, which Dawa frowned upon but did not resist.

"Well, we've never been to one of your concerts, and we thought that this would be the last chance to see you perform. Essie wanted to be here, after hearing that you were going...well, you know..." Kayla explained.

Dawa crouched down to a tearful Essie. Her hair was done in box braids with little gold rings scattered in the braids.

"Moonie...I-I'm sorry. It's all my fault, your unhappiness is all my fault. And all the things you went through...I'm sorry moonie! I thought it would've been fun for you to do what you like, and to sing for a living, but it wasn't... and I forced you to go to Korea and join-"

"Essie, come here." Dawa smiled, gently wiping away Essie's tears. "Nothing was your fault, and I wanted to come to Korea and sing. You didn't force anything on me, alright?"

Dawa hugged the younger. The others just stood there unsure of what to do. Only Jungkook had met the two in person, which was surprising to the members considering they had been a band for four years now.

"Essie, listen to me, of course there were some bad things that happened to me, but there were also some very good things. I found seven really good people who I trust my entire life with. I found love too and made memories that I will always cherish. Not everything was bad and hard. Okay? So don't blame yourself. You did nothing wrong."

"Okay..."

"Now, have you met all the members officially?"

Essie shook her head. This was the rest of Bangtan's queue to introduce themselves.

"Sorry to interrupt, but you guys have to get changed. And ready to perform." Sae-Jun spoke.

"Okay, Luv, we'll be cheering for you yea?"

Dawa nodded and left to get changed and ready.

The eight of them were about to go on stage. This was going to be the last time Dawa stood on stage as ZERO of BTS. This was the last time BTS would be eight. As Dawa put his hand down, on top of Taehyung's hand, to do their little group cheer, he thought, "Blimey, this is it."

"Alright, everyone, just do it as we practiced. Do it as BTS, as one." Namjoon encouraged.

Just as Dawa was about to walk on stage, he heard someone shout his name.

"Dawa! Wait."

"Hyung! Why are you here, aren't you still on paid leave?"

"If you thought I would miss my best friend's last performance, then you're so wrong! I came to wish you good luck and to tell you to enjoy yourself. Don't get too caught up on if you're doing everything perfectly, just...have fun." Do Hwan smiled.

Dawa hugged the older, and Do Hwan have Dawa a squeeze before letting him go.

"I'll be watching the performance with your mom and sister."

Dawa nodded. The rest of BTS was waiting for him, an empty spot next to Hobi, which Dawa filled.

~~~~~~~~~~~