𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐍𝐞𝐞𝐝

"This is your room!" Sarah told John B, finishing off the house tour we had been giving him.

He looked around the room in awe. "Woah,"

"It's not too shabby, huh?" Sarah giggled. "Oh! And, my room is just upstairs in case you were wondering,"

"But I have to warn you...I sleepwalk," She smirked. "So if I show up in your room in the middle of the night-"

"You want me to just roll with it?" John B asked.

She smiled. "Yeah, maybe,"

"I can't deal with this lovey-dovey shit," I joked. "Y'all really need to-"

I turned to look at them, realizing that they were completely encompassed in each other, their lips pressed together.

"You've gotta be kidding," I chuckled to myself.

"Sarah Elizabeth Cameron!" We heard, causing the two to pull apart.

Ward strolled into the room, "You've already broken the first rule. Stay out of each other's rooms,"

"That looks like my cue to leave!" I said, shuffling past my dad who was standing in the doorway.

As I went to turn down the hallway I felt him grab my arm. "Wait, Aspyn,"

"Yeah?"

He smiled. "I- uh...I love you, sweetie,"

My eyes filled with tears. I was practically euphoric.

He said it. He literally said it.

"I love you too," I whispered, my voice breaking.

My father telling me that he loved me shouldn't have been such a big thing. But it was. It was a long...long time since I had last heard it from him.

"Rafe!" I said, running outside. "Dad just told me he- what the hell?!"

There was my brother, doing a line of coke off of the seat of his bike.

"You're a fucking liar!" I spat, pushing him. "I asked you if you had coke and you told me you sold it all at the party! I was having a goddamn withdrawal and you still lied to my face!"

"Yo, chill!" He huffed. "I sold what I had! I just got this from Barry!"

"So you paid him back?" I asked, doubtfully.

"Yes!"

"Try again, Country Club," I heard from behind me.

Barry stood silently, staring daggers at Rafe. His face was written with anger, but his demeanor was casual.

"You shouldn't be here right now," My brother told him. "I don't have your money. Just give me till the weekend okay!?"

"How come you got all this nice shit but you ain't got my money?!" Barry asked.

"Because he doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself!" I chimed in.

Rafe whipped his head around to look at me.
"Fuck you!"

"You got all this nice shit but you ain't got my money?!" Barry interrogated. "Aspyn's right! You don't give a fuck about anyone but yourself!"

He held up a fist at Rafe who promptly jumped backward.

"Yo- chill, man!" My brother yelled. "CHILL!"

I stayed completely silent as Barry approached Rafe, his anger rising with each step he took.

Frankly, I couldn't care less.

Rafe let me have a withdrawal.

He let me suffer.