𝐌𝐫. 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡

I looked Singh dead in the eye, trying to sound as confident as possible. "I don't know what you're talking about. We don't have a diary,"

He chuckled, shaking his head. "Your friend wasn't so transparent with me either, you know?"

My heart skipped a beat. Kiara. "Where the hell is she?!"

"Don't worry. She is safe and sound just upstairs," He told me. "You'll be reacquainted soon,"

The way he spoke sent a chill down my spine. Despite everything he was doing, he carried himself in a formal, yet relaxed manner.

"She better be okay," I said.

He raised his brows. "Your trust in me is lacking, Miss. Cameron,"

I scoffed. "Uh, yeah, no shit,"

As soon as the words left my lips I regretted saying them. I had no idea what this guy was capable of. He could've shot me right there for all I knew.

"You're incredibly direct," He said.

"I've been told that,"

"Then you should have no problem being direct with me about the diary," He replied, pulling a knife from his pocket. "Where is it?"

I couldn't backtrack now. Even if he was fully aware that I lied, I wasn't going to come clean about it. "I don't know what you're talking about," I repeated, staying firm on my answer.

Singh gestured for me to follow him, which I did. We passed by a bunch of glass cases, each of them containing a different type of artifact, before starting up the staircase.

We came to a stop by a locked, guarded door. "Unfortunately, I do not believe you or your friend when you tell me you are unaware of the diary," He said.

The guard unlocked and opened the door, which led to a bedroom. Kiara was sitting on the bed in a long, red gown. Her eyes widened when she saw me and she pushed herself to her feet.

"Kie! Holy shit!" I yelled, rushing toward her. We pulled into a hug, finding comfort in each other's embrace. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm okay. Are you?"

I nodded. "I'm fine. I'm just glad you're safe,"

However, the happiness I felt was short-lived as I realized our situation.

"What the hell is this?!" I heard an all too familiar voice say. Slowly, I turned to face the owner, not wanting to be correct about who I believed it was. Unfortunately, I very much was.

Anger encompassed me as I came face-to-face with my brother. I almost didn't recognize him at first, he looked incredibly different from the last time I saw him. Not only was his hair buzzed, but he was also dressed in a suit, overall looking put-together and dignified. Something he most definitely was not.

"God, I'm so sick of this bullshit!" I yelled, shoving him. "I should've known you and Ward were involved the moment we got off of that island!"

"Listen, I came here to make a deal, so why don't you shut your mouth and-"

"I had a feeling your reunion would not be a happy one," Singh interjected.

I took a moment to analyze the situation. If Rafe was involved with Singh, why was he locked in the room with Kiara? Why did he genuinely seem so confused?

"Rafe isn't working with you...is he?" I questioned.

"He isn't. Your brother was led here under false pretenses," Singh explained. He turned to Rafe. "As for your sister, she and her friends attempted to rescue Miss. Carrerra. She sacrificed herself so they could escape,"