𝐖𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐈𝐭

"Be careful," Pope instructed as Sarah examined John B's leg. "I'm pretty sure that'll get infected,"

We were now all seated on the roof of the Twinkie, not daring to set foot in the water again.

"Yeah," Sarah nodded. "You're lucky it didn't cut into muscle too much,"

"Lucky...I got bit...by a- an alligator," John B panted, his leg propped up. "And my car...is underwater,"

"Do you have something to wrap it with to stop the bleeding?" My sister asked.

He hesitantly pulled his bandanna out of his jacket pocket and held it out to her. Giving him a sad glance, she took it and began tying it around the gash on his calf.

"Speaking of infections, how's your leg, A?" Sarah asked as John B groaned in pain. "Sorry," She apologized.

"We're about to find out," I sighed, beginning to unwrap the wet, muddy bandages.

I pulled them off and set them aside, glancing down at my stitched-up wound. The muddy water was washed over the entire area.

"It feels okay," I told them. "It's not any worse than it's been,"

Sarah looked down at it as well. "It looks alright too, if an infection was setting in we'd be able to tell. You just need to clean it,"

"I put the First-Aid kit in the Twinkie after Aspyn got shot at the Crain house," John B told us.

"Well, we can't get into the Twinkie," I sighed, looking down at the submerged vehicle. "We'll just have to wait till Kie and JJ get back,"

The windows and doors were now completely underwater so we couldn't open them without the interior getting flooded.

"Where are they?!" Pope huffed. "If AJ's leg doesn't get cleaned she'll probably get an infection, the Twinkie is underwater, and the cross could already be gone!"

"Okay, well, where the hell could they have gone?!" I asked.

The moment I said that Kie and JJ pulled up in Mike's truck.

"Oh, speak of the fricking devil!" Pope said. "Look who it is,"

"The tortoise and the tortoise. Just a couple hours late," He huffed as they hopped out. "Where the hell were you guys?!"

"Paternal complications," Kie sighed.

JJ stepped around from the other side of the truck. "Luke was at the Chateau,"

"Oh, great!" Pope remarked. "While you were having family time with your pops, John B got bit by a gator!"

JJ's eyes widened. "Like, for real?!"

"Does it look like we're joking?!" Sarah yelled, gesturing to the bloody roof of the Twinkie and John B's mauled-up leg.

"Okay, what the hell happened?" Kie asked, looking around in shock.

"What happened?!" John B scoffed. "I got bit by a gator!"

"He got bit by a gator!" Pope and I yelled at the same time as John B.

"I don't know why I'm being yelled at because I put my ass on the line!" Kiara defended.

"You're being yelled at because it was twenty minutes away!" John B countered.

"We've been waiting here for over an hour!" I chimed in. "The vans practically a submarine, John B's leg's all chewed up, I could get an infection, and those assholes probably got to the cross!"

"We got here as fast as we could!" Kie yelled.

"That's bullshit and you know it!" I shot back.

Sarah put her head in her hands. "It shouldn't have taken you that long at all!"