𝐎𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞'𝐬 𝐁𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

I sat on the porch adding contacts to the phone Topper had given me, Pope was right beside me doing more research on the key and the Island Room, John B and Sarah swung on the hammock together, while Kie and JJ were across the yard playing darts.

"John B, what's wrong?" My sister asked.

It was obvious he was upset. He was quiet and overall just not himself.

He shrugged. "Nothing's wrong, Sarah,"

"Is this about Topper?" She questioned, causing me to become more attentive to their conversation.

John B just looked at the ground.

She sighed. "I literally had nowhere to go last night,"

"Rafe almost..." She paused for a moment, taking a breath. "Rafe tried to kill me,"

"I'm sorry, okay?" He apologized. "I'm sorry I couldn't be there,"

"I'm not blaming you for that," She assured, knowing it was out of his control.

"Listen, Sarah..." He began. "I already talked to Aspyn about this, but I think your dad tried to get me killed in jail last night. That's twice,"

"I'm sorry, I don't know what to say," My sister muttered.

John B clenched his jaw. "Why didn't you tell Topper?"

"I did..."

"No, Sarah, you didn't," I spoke up.

"You're not just my girlfriend," John B reminded.

"I know!"

"Okay, then why didn't you tell him? Are you embarrassed?"

"No! I'm not embarrassed," She sighed. "I just felt weird to say it after he saved my life!"

"You know what? Whatever," John B huffed, standing up. "It's not important, alright?"

He walked past Pope and I then into the house, slamming the door behind him.

I sighed. "I've got Sarah,"

"I've got John B," Pope said, the both of us standing up.

I took a seat on the hammock with my sister. "You okay?"

"I feel like he's mad at me," She said.

I shook my head. "I don't think he's mad. Just confused, upset?"

"But why!" She huffed. "Topper saved my life yesterday!"

"John B's not upset that you stayed with Topper," I told her. "He upset because you didn't tell him that y'all got married,"

"Well, what was I supposed to say?!"

"Just a simple, 'I'm his wife' would've been fine," I shrugged.

"Well, I didn't want to tell Topper!" She snapped.

"Okay, I don't know why you're getting upset with me!" I defended. "Why didn't you want to tell him?! That's all we want to know!"

She pushed herself off the hammock, walking away from me. "It's just complicated, okay?!"

"Sarah!" I called, trying to get her to come back. "Hey! Sarah, talk to me!"

"No!" She yelled, storming away. "Just stay out of my business for once!"

I rolled my eyes, making my way back onto the porch just as Pope came outside.

"How'd it go?" I asked.

"He told me to leave the second he saw me," Pope replied. "How'd things go with Sarah?"

"She said she didn't want to talk to me and that I needed to stay out of her business," I sighed. "They seem pretty upset,"