𝐆𝐞𝐭 𝐈𝐧, 𝐆𝐞𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐥𝐝, 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐚

Nightfall soon came and we found ourselves back on the roof of the hotel, falling asleep on the, not so comfortable, beach chairs.

Though, comfort wasn't our priority. Especially considering how exhausted we all were.

My eyes eventually fluttered open. It was still quite dark, but the sun was beginning to rise.

I sat up and looked over at Sarah, who was still asleep.

I then turned to see if John B was sleeping as well, only to be met with the sight of an empty beach chair.

"Sarah..." I said, panicked. "Hey, Sarah, wake up!"

She rubbed her eyes. "What?"

"John B's gone!"

"What?!" She asked, shooting up. "Like not here?!"

I nodded. "I think he might've gone to Paradise Island,"

She scoffed. "That liar,"

"Listen, I'll go find him. Stay here," I told her.

She shook her head. "No, I want to come,"

"One of us should stay," I said. "That way, if something goes wrong, we won't all be fucked,"

"Right...yeah, okay," She mumbled. "But if y'all aren't back in a reasonable amount of time I'm coming to look for you,"

I nodded. "Okay, that's fair. Love you, Sarah,"

She leaned forward, hugging me. "Love you too, A. Be careful,"

"Don't worry, I will,"

-

I sprinted over to the beach house, going as fast as my legs could carry me.

To be fair, I wanted to get the gold as well, but when Sarah made us promise we wouldn't, I listened.

Apparently, keeping a promise was too much for John B.

After what felt like forever, I arrived at Paradise Island, seeing John B push himself over the gate.

"Booker!" I shot. "What the hell?!"

His eyes widened as he dropped down in front of me. "Why are you here?"

"Why am I here?" I scoffed. "Why the fuck are you here?"

"How'd you even know I left?" He asked.

"We woke up and saw you were gone!" I replied. "Sarah stayed at the Fairmont and I came to find you!"

"Listen, we've gotta get that gold, A! You know that!" He defended. "The least I could do was try!"

"That doesn't change the fact that we promised Sarah!" I argued.

He sighed. "I really don't give a shit right now,"

"What if you and I go back in together?!" He suggested. "There was a safe! Maybe you know the code!"

"Hell no! We're going back to the hotel!"

"Aspyn, I need that gold to clear my name!" He stated. "I need a good lawyer!"

"I understand that, hell, I even said we should give it a try! We promised Sarah we wouldn't though, and she trusted us to keep that!" I said. "I kept it, and even though you didn't, you can still fix this shit if you come back to the hotel with me right now,"

He looked at the ground, letting out a deep sigh. "Yeah, okay. I'm just really scared, I don't know what to do,"

"Hey, I'm sure there's another way we can get money for a lawyer," I assured. "Even if there isn't, JJ, Pope, and Kie are back home doing everything they can to prove your innocence. You do trust that they'll find proof, right?"