𝐅𝐮𝐠𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬

"What are y'all talking about?" Sarah asked as we approached the guys.

"Uh...fishing," John B hesitated.

I chuckled. "You're the worst liar ever, Booker,"

"But anyway, we got breakfast," I said, motioning to my sister and Kiara who were each holding a watermelon.

JJ took the fruit from their arms and Pope reached out a hand to assist us as we got back onto the boat.

He was such a fucking sweetheart.

The guys ate their breakfast as John B, Sarah, and I caught everyone up on what exactly had happened in Nassau.

After that, we were once again on our way.

-

Based on the sun's position, I had guessed it was about mid-afternoon when we pulled up to the Chateau.

John B gave a soft smile. "There she is..."

I could tell he was getting emotional but was trying to hide it.

"Bet it's good to see her old bones, right?" JJ asked.

John B simply nodded.

"Welcome home guys," JJ smiled as we docked.

"You know, I gotta be honest..." Kie started as we all filed off the boat. "I'm not exactly looking forward to a check-in at home. My parents probably arranged my funeral,"

"I also predict unpleasantries at the Heyward household after I left the truck in Charleston," Pope chimed in.

"Not to mention the fact that John B and I could get arrested at any minute," I added.

"You and John B?" Pope questioned.

"Oh, that's right. Y'all don't know," I sighed. "There's a warrant out for my arrest,"

Kie's eyes widened. "For what?!"

"Accessory to murder and aiding and abetting,"

"Wait, how could they get you for that and not us?" JJ questioned. "That doesn't make sense,"

"I mean, I'm sure they could arrest you guys if they wanted to, but the charges would eventually be dropped because they don't have any solid proof or evidence that y'all helped John B," I explained. "It's different in my situation, though. Thomas and Plumb watched me help John B escape the police station, not to mention the security cameras which definitely caught everything,"

"Oh, shit..." Pope sighed. "That's not ideal,"

"Nope, not at all," I replied.

"Well, no one knows we're here, right?" JJ stated. "And Kie and Pope aren't gonna get into any more trouble for showing up twelve hours later. Am I right, or am I right?"

"You're not wrong," Pope shrugged.

"So that means we have twelve hours to do whatever we want. A little Pogue fellowship! How's that sound?" He proposed.

John B smiled. "Let the shit hit the fan tomorrow! Come on!"

"I'm down!" I agreed happily.

"Yeah!" JJ exclaimed, high-fiving us both.

Kiara shook her head. "The cops could be looking for us,"

"It could be really stupid," My sister agreed.

"Sarah Cameron, you've heard my philosophy, right?" JJ asked.

She shook her head. "No,"

"I'm surprised you even know what philosophy means," I chuckled.