1.

Isabella

Isabella wasn't sure if she could tell the difference between a punch to the face and the harsh thud of rain on concrete. Not any longer, at any rate. Nonetheless, the water soaking her petite figure was soothing. She was drenched, but she felt more touched than ever before.

She couldn't remember the last time she was hugged, tears welled up in her eyes.

She blinked them back, took a deep breath, and continued to trudge her way to the abandoned building in the midst of the storm. If anyone saw her, they'd most likely flee in an attempt to escape the black emptiness that followed her everywhere she went.

She was sceptical that the personified mind game would ever leave her alone.

She was walking aimlessly, as if she were blind. She was disoriented, knowing she had been forgotten. She was exhausted from crying so much that her body couldn't handle the shaking. Every day was the same, and Isabella was terrified of what would happen if even one thing changed.

What if Isabella's mother reacted to her words? Rather than leaving them in the air, as if she hadn't heard. What if the man she wished to call father acknowledged her when she awoke extra early to see him off on business trips? Instead of kissing her mother on the cheek and gently hugging her sister, Isabella was completely ignored.

What if Isabella cracked a smile? She had a feeling she wouldn't look good in it. After not truly adorning her features for the longest time, her lips had forgotten the genuineness of smiling. Isabella wasn't sure she liked the idea of being unhappy for the rest of her life. It wasn't something that everyone had, but it was in hers.

And she knew it would be a long time before something brought her joy that made her smile. One is born into the world with a happy aura surrounding them. Isabella, on the other hand, was aware of her uniqueness. The doctors cheered, but that was all.

Her mother remained silent and gazed up at the man standing in the hospital room's dark corner. Before she knew it, she had pushed the doctor's arms away from her, who had motioned for her to hold Isabella's tiny body.

The man in the corner was an unsettling presence for the majority of the nurses.

A sound of hatred left his mouth as he looked over Isabella for a split second. He growled and returned her mother's gaze.

"Do you want to hold the baby, Sir?" A nurse interrogated him.

As she held the newborn out in front of the menacing man, the nurse's hands shook subtly.

He shook his head, grumbling.

"She's not mine, and she'll never be mine." The mother said nothing as the nurse returned her gaze.

The nurse's eyes were wide with a questioning gaze and pleading for the woman to grab the innocent being.

And you?

Isabella's mother rejected the idea of holding her baby right away. Because everyone was aware.

Isabella was a scoundrel of a child.

I wrote this late at night while listening to a depressing Spotify playlist

So, let me know what you think? Your thoughts are important to me.

Consider voting if it really shined in your eyes! However, only if you want to. 🤍