37.

Isabella

Isabella had no idea there was another fair in town.

"Wait, you mean we get to eat more cotton candy?" As the four of them sat in the car, driving to what she now knew was the fair, her voice screeched out.

Lily sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Yes, Isabella, you are naive. That is exactly what we are saying."

"However, I didn't even dress up!" Reese quickly turned his head to look down at Isabella's outfit.

He took his time, as if he was shamelessly scrutinising her.

"I'm curious what you'd look like without that tank top." he said as his gaze met hers.

He wiggles his brows amusingly.

Isabella laughed as Draco fired bullets into Reese's side of the face. Reese pushed Draco's face towards the road.

"Lover boy, keep your eyes on the road." Lily chuckled as Isabella flushed with embarrassment.

Draco remained motionless.

"We're not together, Reese." he snapped back.

As his words hung in the air, the car fell silent. Lily examined Draco's stoic expression before moving on to Isabella's dejected expression. Isabella returned Lily's gaze with a tight-lipped smile. She turned away from them, deciding it was best to remain silent and enjoy the view from the window.

As he flicked Draco's cheekbone, Reese simply sighed.

"Way to make it awkward, douchebag." he muttered to himself.

He quickly turned on the radio because he didn't want to be stuck in this awkward car for another 20 minutes. As a random song came on, he started bobbing his head like a rockstar and screaming along with the lyrics, which he obviously didn't know. Isabella raised her brows in amusement at his antics.

He's odd.

Lily tried to hide her laughter, but she couldn't help herself and ended up laughing so hard that tears almost fell from her eyes. Isabella laughed at Lily's expression, and Draco soon joined in when Reese's screeching reached a new high.

Isabella caught a glimpse of Draco in the rearview mirror and smiled at the way his eyes crinkled slightly when he smiled. How his smile lit up his entire face.

She smiled because he was himself, and she loved him.

—❀—

"It's bigger than the previous one!" She yelled into Draco's ear as she yanked on his arm, dragging them deeper into the crowd.

Draco was unimpressed by Isabella's enthusiasm. He would have been surprised if she hadn't been acting the way she was. Reese cast a glance at Draco.

"What's the deal with her crazy excitement?"

"It's her second fair." Draco replied, laughing as Isabella bobbed up and down on her tippy toes.

"And she loves cotton candy."

"Yeah, we can see that." Lily said from behind him, as the three of them looked over at Isabella, who was staring hungrily at the cotton candy booth.

"She's a strange little girl." Reese chuckled.

Draco shook his head.

"It's charming." Lily and Reese exchanged glances as Draco continued to stare at Isabella, a small smile on his lips.

"Let's get out of here." Reese said quietly next to her.

She immediately nodded her head as they interlinked their arms like best friends.