ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 6: ᒪITTᒪE ᔕTᗩᖇ✨📖

Kokichi continued sobbing, holding the hat loser to his chest. "Mister Kokichi?" Kokichi looked up to see Kiko looking at him with a worried expression. "H-hey, Kiko... Why are you up?", Kokichi asked, patting the bed. Kiko sat beside Kokichi and hug him. "I don't want to see you cry, mister Kokichi. Why are you crying?" Kokichi sighed and looked down at the hat on his lap. "I... Miss my boyfriend..." Kiko perked up hearing the word boyfriend.

"Can you tell me more about him, mister Kokichi?" Kokichi chuckled and pulled Kiko closer. Kiko get comfortable and pulled the blanket over her. "Sure... He is... Handsome... Kind... Sweet and very sensitive. A little bit dense for a detective. He has crippling anxiety and often overthinks things. Nevertheless, I love him."

"Woah! A detective! So cool!"

"I know, right? Everyone likes him but me..." Kokichi pulled his knees to his chest. "Everyone dislikes me because I lie a lot. I thought I was going to be alone forever because of my compulsive lying. But..." A sad smile makes his way to his lips. "But then Shuichi came into my life. The love of my life. He tries to understand me better. He likes to break down the lies I spat on and find the true meaning behind them. Day by day, my feelings for him grew."

Kokichi looked up to the ceiling and close his eyes. "One day, I confessed my feelings to him under a cherry blossom tree. He felt the same. I was happy... Hugging him tightly." Kiko gazed at Kokichi who shed a tear. "He sounds like a good guy..." Kokichi giggled. "Yes, he is... Sometimes, I feel like I didn't deserve him, you know?" Kiko stayed silent and leaned on Kokichi's shoulder. "I feel like that too when I am with Mister Hajime and his husband." Kokichi turns his head to Kiko in shock.

"Mister Hajime and Mister Nagito are my foster parents. Papa always likes to talk about hope. He always said that "Hope is like a star... You can only see them shining above the sky when it is dark. You are one of the stars, Kiko" to me. Unlike my past foster parents, they treat me like I'm their kid... Sometimes, I feel like I'm a just burden to them." Kiko looked away. "Kiko... you are not a burden... If you are a burden, then Nobuyuki-San wouldn't choose you to be on her team, right?" Kiko looked down, avoiding eye contact. Kokichi stroked her hair gently while humming a melody he once heard in his dream. 

Suddenly, someone knocks on the door, startling Kokichi and the little girl. They turned the doorknob, revealing Katsumi without her jacket. "Um.. hey. Takahashi-San cooked us dinner. He asked me to call you guys... ", said Katsumi as she leave as soon as she arrived. Kokichi looked at Kiko before getting up and holding Kiko's hands. "Let's go, kid. You must hungry." Kokichi put on the stolen hat before leaving the room. "Finally! I am starving waiting for you guys." Kiko sat next to Kokichi and thanked him for the food before eating the bowl of Katsudon. 

Everyone eats in silence. It was until Ronin decided to speak. "So... what now? We survived the first game. Who knows what game that damn bear has to offer? Maybe it's worse than the first one! We need to discuss this now!" Akihiko put down his chopsticks and take a napkin to wipe his mouth. "I agree with Yamamoto-Sama. We cannot just stand here and hope we survive tomorrow." Katsumi glanced at Kokichi who all this time taking care of Kiko and haven't touched his food. "She leaned towards Kokichi and whispered, "You should eat your food. Don't worry too much about the kid. She's going to be fine." Kokichi sighed and shakes his head yes. 

Katsumi looked at the two teenage boys and sighed. " What is it to discuss with? I do agree with you two but without knowing what the next game is, it's useless. We should tell others about ourselves to know our strengths and weaknesses. That way we can survive the game together." Katsumi stands up and puts her bowl in the sink. "I will in the living room." Ronin huffed in annoyance but stayed silent. Meanwhile, Akihiko watched Kokichi and Kiko's behavior closely.