Chapter 5

The next day

The bed was so soft that maybe I overslept. I woke up rubbing my eyes and it took me a moment to return back to life taking in my surroundings.

I placed back my contacts and bushed my teeth before leaving the room. I saw seven of them sitting on the couch discussing something. All of them looked ready as if going to an award show. They all had matching black outfits and I realised I was staring till Namjoon interrupted my dazing off.

"You aren't ready?"

"Ready for?"

"We need to to to work." He added.

"Yeah, we don't stay here all day." Jungkook mocked.

"I'm sorry, I didn't knew. Just give me a minute. Sorry."

"This wasn't even a thing that was to be told. Obviously he came here to work." I heard Jin remark at my stupidity. Why in the world God I am this stupid?!

I quickly did my daily routine and wore a black hoodie paired with a black denim jacket and simple black jeans to match them. I need to play the part well. I was ready in less than five minutes and that's my highest speed.

"What took you so much time?" Jimin hissed impatiently standing on the door as he was the one waiting for me rest all probably left.

There was a black van at the gate and we got into it. There were me, Jimin, Tae and Jin.

They were discussing something that I could not involve myself in, something about the choreo. So, I just switched on the phone and opened my Instagram to scroll through it.

"Mr. Sushi, your behaviour makes me dubious of your relationship." Tae mocked and I looked back at him.

"Sushi?" Jimin asked.

"Yea, his girlfriend calls him Sushi-"

"She is NOT. MY. GIRLFRIEND!" I tried to conceal my embarassment by stating some obvious facts.

"Woah dude, calm down. We won't disclose it to Namjoon Hyung."

"There is nothing to disclose. She is just a friend. Her name is Ra Im. And we have been friends since forever."

Jimin and Tae chuckled looking at each other and I knew they didn't believe me.

"So, what about your family?" Jin asked uninterestedly. Seriously though, if he is so disinterested in me then why ask? I was a bit offended but the question gained the other's attention and I was in peer pressure to answer that.

"Umm... I have a sister. She is 4 years younger than me. She is my only family."

I knew, I gained unnecessary attention by saying this but I didn't wanted to lie for no reason as I already was burdened by one and I think I'll be committing thousand sins, so, why increase the number for no reason.

"I'm sorry. I did not knew." He genuinely apologized. Ah.. those eyes, how can one not melt in them.

"It's okay. I am over it. It was 10 years back. So.. it doesn't matter now."

"How did you.. I mean if it was 10 years back, you must be 8 then! How did you manage?" Jimin asked and his tone gestured his genuine concern.

"Umm... It was my neighbours, they helped me alot and for the money, I never had to worry about it, as my dad had his insurance. We weren't rich but it did pay off our school fees and basic amenities."

"I see. What's your sister doing?" Tae questioned.

"She is in middle school. She is really a big fan of yours. I jus-" A sudden realisation hit me hard. Areum had always been an Army and I came to know about BTS by her. She used to run around like 'Jimin oppa is so cute', 'I love Jimin oppa', 'Jimin oppa is an angel' and 'Jimin oppa' 'Jimin oppa' 'Jimin oppa'. Like a constant mantra, Jimin was her bias and she was ultimately inspired by his behaviour which I do not complain at all.

"Complete your sentence" Tae brought me out of daze.

"Uh. Nothing. She is doing well." Yeah, I lied. I don't want to connect my fake life with my real one and I would not let my lies to affect the poor child in my wake.

The van screeched and halted. Everyone started getting off and I got the gesture to get off as well. There was this big building, the one where I auditioned. The other members were still on the gate, probably waiting for us.

"You're late little one." Jungkook said.

"I'm sorry Hyung."

He frowned and pouted. No. Don't do that to me. I can have an heart attack or maybe I am having, my heart racing at an unbelievable pace.

"I told you not to call me Hyung."

"Then.. what should I call you?"

"Oppa!" Tae chuckled making me unknowing nervous. My ears were red hot and the little hair at the back of my neck raised. I gulped down my apprehension.

"Shut up Hyung" Jungkook slightly slapped Tae's arm while the latter was flashing his so adorable box like smile.

"Call me Jk" he said and I nodded. But, can I? Wouldn't that be disrespectful? I don't think I'll ever call him Jk, I cannot. Against the rules by which I play.

I heard him whisper into Jimin's ear. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't eavesdropping. I just overheard them.

"Is he trying to copy us by wearing matching outfits?" Jungkook said and I even heard Jimin answering him back, "he is just trying to get along Kook."

Was I not supposed to wear this color? I thought it was for the better. But, I shrugged the odd feeling as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"I'll show you our workspace" Hobi said with a bright smile. No Ari, you are not at all allowed to blush. I nodded simply. Words were difficult to be formed in that moment as my heart was beating in my throat. I am such a sinner.

I thought that if I acted like it didn't matter. It would not. But its only the first the and the guilt is so heavy to bear.

The office ane the ambience of the place was homely and inviting but it instilled a sense of responsibility within me. The day further went smooth. There weren't much interactions with any other member since then, as I was so taken by the paperwork and introductions.

They say when you say a lie too frequently, you start living in your own lie. That's what happened with me. Park Soo as if became my true identity that too in a day. I am scared of the after effects of this whole plot.