Chapter 27

AUTHOR'S POV

"Hyung please," Ari beseeched Yoongi who was sitting on the producer's chair. Everyone had already finished their recording and were waiting outside for them.

"Last time, please. They won't let me go alone and Ra Im is busy. Just the last time, I'll get my cast off then I'll never ask anything from you," she requested, standing beside him.

"No means no. I already said that I won't concern myself with you, so," he detached his gaze from the computer screen to look towards her, "fuck off!"

"Please," she clasped her hands together, "I'll treat you somewhere good."

"Shoo fly Don't bother me~" he sang softly moving his fingers in mockery.

She whined and pouted slightly, "you want me to go all alone in this condition?" She picked up her crutches slightly to show him while the latter just rolled his eyes.

She sighed dramatically, "It's okay Hyung. I'll go alone. But don't grieve when I die."

"Why would you die in getting your cast off?"

"We never know," she shrugged moving extra slow to the exit.

Yoongi looked back at his computer screen but he couldn't really focus on it. He smashed his hand on the keyboard and groaned once before standing up and walking behind her who was already smirking.

"Oh Sushi, you're getting your cast off today. You want me to accompany you?" Taehyung asked her.

"I am going with her," he sighed.

"Hyung is really possessive for his roommate. Next, I'll be sharing the room with him!" Hoseok chuckled with instigated a disgusted expression from Yoongi's side.

"Come on boy, aren't you getting late?" He said to her and quickly moved ahead plunging out of the studio.

She bowed in the respect of her seniors once before following his fast pace.

"Hyung is so weird sometimes," Namjoon remarked.

"Agreed," Jimin added.

•••

"You're treating me," Yoongi said as they moved all disguised on the street. She was still Soo.

"You really want me to? Wahhh! Where'd you wanna go?"

He shrugged, "just somewhere we are not recognised."

She nodded contemplating and then finally smiled, "I know a place! It's my neighbour's restaurant. She can give us a private cabin if I ask her to," she clapped, "first let me transform. , Oh there is the washroom. Wait for me Hyung."

Before Yoongi could even nod, she was already running towards the washroom and that made him smile inadvertently.

"Jerry," he chuckled.

In less than five minutes, she returned. She was now very used to this transformation.

"Let's go!" She said hiring a taxi while Yoongi followed mutely.

•••

As she came out of the hospital, she was practically flying.

"Yah? Do you want to break it again? Why are you jumping like an idiot?" Yoongi hissed.

"Hyung I am so happy, looks like it's the first time I am walking," she passed dramatically. Her eyes expressing her joy.

He shook his head in dismay. She was kiddish.

"Let's run to the bus stop," she passed.

"What?" By the time he could question anymore she was running on the isolated footpath, skipping steps as carefree as a child.

"Jerry!" Yoongi mumbled under his breath and later yelled for her to stop.

She turned back, still running backwards. She was way too excited till her back bumped into someone causing her to fall.

"Ahh," she whimpered, she looked back at the buff man standing and glaring at her.

"Look where you are walking girl," he warned in a weirdly authoritative voice.

She got up, dusting her hands off the dust and bowed slightly, "I- Sorry."

"It's okay baby girl" the man responded in a husky voice, dangerously decreasing the distance between them.

She was intimidated and backed off a little till she felt someone grip her hand and pull her back. She was now standing behind Yoongi's reliable frame.

"Anything mister?" He asked and the man jammed his hands in his pockets and retreated his lean.

She was flummoxed, her heart was beating nervously and she felt highly grateful to Yoongi for being there at the right time.

"Nothing sir. Your girl just bumped into me, I was just asking if she was fine," he bent slightly to look at her but she concealed herself more behind Yoongi.

"Let's go," Yoongi said, his tone was of anger when he pulled her along with him in the opposite direction.

"You've got nice peaches though princess," the man said. The roads were oddly empty and his remark even though said in a casual pitch seemed to be louder than ever.

Yoongi's calm broke at that moment, he never felt so angry before. He left her wrist and went back towards the man and punched him hard in the face. The force caused the man to bend slightly but he soon recovered, his hand on his bruised cheek.

"How dare you piece of shit!" The man growled as he took Yoongi by his collar. He was bigger than Yoongi and hence was able to overpower him slightly when Yoongi kicked him right where it hurts. His stance immediately faltered as he whimpered in pain.

Yoongi settled his collar back again and gave him a glare that he couldn't notice because of the sunglasses he was wearing. If he would have seen the death glare he gave, he might have not attempted to punch him again. As he did so, Yoongi proficiently dodged it, digging his elbow on his back causing the man to fall down.

She stood there, befuddled and petrified, her hands cupping her lips, concealing their fear.

Wrong moment again, a group of people saw the brawl and ran towards the man's rescue. They were apparently his friends. Her blood as if chilled in her veins when she saw the people outnumber him.

She sneakily moved forward taking a fistful of sand with her. As she was near them finally, she threw the sand in the air taking Yoongi by his wrist and running while pulling him along.

"What do you think you are doing?" He yelled at her, still running.

"Running to safety."

Yoongi looked back at the people following them. He slightly increased his pace, altering their hand positions such that it was him who was holding her hand as they both ran towards the bus stop where finally there were people. Never before Yoongi was so happy looking at people around him.

•••

(A/N: Cliche but bear with me. 😅😂)