Chapter 39

AUTHOR'S POV

Her phone screen lit up for the third time making her apprehensive. The camera lights were flickering in her eyes and the ambience made her nervous as hell.

She finally gathered the courage to reach out to Namjoon.

"Hyung?" She asked.

"Hm?" He responded, making notes of certain things and a mic in his hands.

"I seem to be having an urgent call, can I?" She asked lowly, a bit embarrassed.

"Ya sure, it's still fifteen minutes for the press conference," he responded not looking up.

She bowed and finally took the call once in a secluded area.

[Hello-]

[Ari shi. We have to take
Areum shi to an emergency
operation for which we
need your consent.]

[Wait. What operation?
What consent?]

[Her WBC count has
increased drastically.
We have to operate
her as soon as possible.]

[Oh... What's the matter?
How can I just say yes?
What are the cons?]

[It's ambiguous.]

[What do you mean? How?
What's happening?]

[Ari shi, stalling time can
take toll over the patient's
health. This is a preadmission
call to initiate the consent
process]

[I... I... What if we do not
operate now?]

[We can lose her.]

[I consent! Start the procedure.
I'll be there. Please... Just... Save her.]

[We'll try our best.]

Her mental state was haywire, she could not find words what she should be saying, all she knew was... She gotta leave.

She walked up to Suga and leaned down to his ear.

"Hyung. I have to leave," she stated without any dilly dally.

"What?" He asked, snapping his head back in her direction.

"I have to go to the hospital. Now. They... They are operating Areum. I gotta go," she spoke, desperate to leave. Her legs already in motion.

"But-"

"I don't know.... I... I have to leave," she said. Yoongi's brain was fogged with a thousand of thoughts but watching her pleading eyes, he surely knew what to prioritise.

He nodded and stood up, "Come on. We are going together."

She nodded, not even thinking of the consequences. She just couldn't.

"Hyung?" Namjoon asked.

"Namjoon, we have to leave. There's an emergency," he stated and held onto her wrist and they rushed to the parking to take his car even before Namjoon could question anymore.

"Hyung please... Start," she said and he nodded. He stepped on the gas and the car accelerated to the hospital.

He glanced at her and gulped at the tension that was reflected. "Don't worry, everything's gonna be alright," he tried to assuage her pain with words.

"I know," she responded, her index finger assaulting the cuticle of her thumb.

He parked harshly in the parking.