Chapter 38

ARI'S POV

"First, the left side over the right, and then bring it over... Ahh!" I groaned being unsuccessful for the sixth time in tying that damned tie. I think everyone would be ready by now. We are having a press conference and its my first time doing it, I am no doubt nervous as hell but what to do.

"Soo, you ready?" Jungkook Hyung came in.

I looked back at him with a frown and he giggled. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"This tie is not good. I am trying to get it right but it's really troublesome. I think I should get another one," I angrily grunted.

He giggled more, giving a bunny smile and walked upto me.

"Now watch and learn, okay?" He said and I nodded.

His hands moved proficiently and I tried to memorize each movement. He finally, pulled down the shorter end, pushing the knot up to make a perfect triangle.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. "Woah! This is awesome," I let out and he chuckled.

"Now open it and tie it again," he said. I protectively wrapped my hand around the knot, "Not at all. What if it doesn't come out this perfect?"

"Then I'll tie it for you again."

"No no no. I am not risking. This is perfect."

He rolled his eyes and loosened his tie and opened it. He handed me the piece of cloth and said, "Tie it for me."

"Oh... Okay," I said. He was quite tall, even taller than Yoongi Hyung. I stood on my toes to reach him and was swaying a little dur to the imbalance.

"Get on the bed," he said.

"W-what?"

"Get on the bed and tie it. You're so small, you can't even reach my neck," he mocked.

I giggled and went to the bed, on my knees.

He stood in front of me and now we were eye level to each other. I took the tie and placed it around his neck while he gave me instructions.

"Yeah, now, get it through that loop. Then pull the smaller segment and the knot simultaneously in opposite directions," he instructed.

"Like this?" I questioned while doing the required. And voila! It was perfect, just like mine. My eyes were watching it look so professional and finally looked up. My smile dropped instantly watching his serious countenance. We were very close to each other and that took me off gaurd.

I tried to back off but I disbalanced on the mattress. I was about to just fall back when he wrapped his arm around his waist, pulling me into him. My body pressed against his, just my hands on his chest maintaining the distance. Our faces so close that I could feel his choppy breath on my skin.

And the crux... That felt odd. That felt really really odd and uncomfortable.

"Hyung," I mumbled, trying to wriggle out of his grip but it was fastened against my waist.

"Hey, you- What are you guys doing?" Yoongi Hyung entered all of a sudden and Jungkook Hyung let go of his grip suddenly causing me to fall down. My heartbeat was racing nervously.

"I was just teaching him how to tie a tie," he laughed. "Guess I should leave now," he said and rushed out of the room, closing the door behind him.

What just happened?

"What do you think you were doing?" Yoongi Hyung's gaze narrowed towards me.

"I don't know Hyung... Jun-"

"SHUT UP!" He yelled unanticipated making me quiver on the bed.

"You think I can't see? You think you can do what you like, huh? Now that the album's complete?"

His jaw was clenching and that made me so sorrowful. His ascerbic words stabbing me like needles dipped in arsenic. I got off the bed and added, "Hyung you are getting me wrong-"

"Oh please. Shut the hell up!" He grunted walking upto me in anger. I felt intimidated and took steps backwards till my back hit the wall. He was caging me between the wall and him.

I was so nervous that I was swallowing my own words, the proximity giving me no advantage.

"Just because you'll go after the album release doesn't mean you can do whatever you like. You get that?" He questioned through gritted teeth and I nodded instantly.

"You cannot just fuck around us-"

"I wasn't," I interrupted him.

"I said shut-"

"No. I didn't do anything wrong!" I said, not knowing where I was getting the courage from. I hated the fact that he was looking so lowly upon me. How could he even?

"Oh really? That's why, you were all flushed in Jungkook's arms?" He questioned in a low, baritone voice.

I felt warmth travelling up my ears and tears forming on the waterline. "That's what you see. That's not the truth," I mumbled.

He scoffed, "Yes, sure. Because you never do wrong. You entering into the band, fooling each one of us. Causing troubles since the first day. Acting foolish all the time. But you. Are. Never. Wrong?"

Tears fell down my cheeks at his tone and my lips were curving downwards but I wiped them off instantly and looked away. "If you have that much of an issue with me then you should be happy. We'll never meet again," I said and the words pierced my own soul.

"Then you can be alone in this room. I won't bother you. You don't have to bear with my secret, you don't have to bear with me. Just be happy then," I said and two more tears fell down at a speed that they barely touched my skin.

He was breathing heavily, his hands on either side of my head and eyes somewhat soft but I don't know.

I sniffled, "Let me go."

Out of the blue, his hand pulled me by my shoulders to hug him and then wrapped around me.

"Sorry," he mumbled. I felt relieved and wrapped my hands around his torso, my head pushed into his chest.

"Sorry," he said yet again. "I wasn't meaning that. I was just... Angry."

"You think that low of me?" I questioned through his chest.

"No. Not at all. I don't know what got into me. I was really rude, forgive me," he said. And I think it's the first time he did.

"It's okay," I said, "Please don't do that again. It hurts me."

"I won't. I promise. Don't say that you'll leave me again. Don't."

"But I will eventually," I said, confounded at his request.

"Still. Just don't say it, okay?"

I hummed and we parted. He wiped off the tears on my face with the pad of his thumb and smiled making me too and all of a sudden we started giggling at being so cheesy.

"Are you guys ready? We're leaving," Hoseok Hyung and entered.

"Yep," Yoongi Hyung responded and smiled again making my heart all warm up at that.

•••