Chapter 42

AUTHOR'S POV

The hospital staff changed the sheets and swept the floor but he needed to change, also he cannot leave her alone. He cannot call for anyone's assistance too. He's stuck.

"You can change into one of the hospital's shirts, if you don't mind," A nurse offered and he gratefully accepted.

"I hope she recovers soon. I cannot see you like this," she blurted out. "Oh sorry," she mumbled making him demented.

"You can change, I will stay with her."

He narrowed his gaze on her, she seemed suspiciously generous to him.

She waved her hands in air, "trust me. I am an Army."

He let out a relieved breath and took the chance to change into clean clothes and return back.

"Thanks," he said.

"Not at all. Take care."

"Thanks... Uh... You know..."

"It won't get out of here. I am not the one who would meddle in your private life. Your girlfriend's details are safe with me," she passed softly and he smiled at her sweet gesture.

•••

It was 9:00 A.M. and she was still asleep. Better actually. The door opened abruptly, revealing Jungkook.

Yoongi's heart thudded as he placed the blanket, slightly over her face. Behind Jungkook, the other five members followed.

"Oh he was indeed here," Hoseok said.

"Why is the name on the plate, Ari?" Jimin questioned.

"Why didn't you tell me your location Hyung?" Namjoon asked.

"How's he doing?" Jin asked.

"Oh I didn't even know that Sooshi was so troubled," I said lowly.

"How are you guys here?" Yoongi asked instead.

"We tracked you," Jungkook said nonchalantly.

"How the fuck?!"

"You switched on your phone right now. You remember yesterday you shared me the live location. You never deleted it then," Jungkook explained.

"Fuck," he mumbled.

"Why were you so reticent?" Namjoon questioned.

"Why is the name Ari, again?" Jimin asked.

"Shh... He's sleeping," he urged.

"Oops?" Jimin whispered, "Sorry."

The door opened for the second time.

"Ari, look I brought you, your favorite stooooooooo..." RaIm fumbled once intercepting the six men.

"Why are you addressing him as that?" Jimin tilted his head in confusion.

Yoongi slapped his forehead. He could have dodged the questions but he knew it was futile now. They would know it today or tomorrow.

"First come to the side guys, someone is sleeping," he spoke and the others complied, moving to the guest area of the ward.

•••

"No no no wait. You're telling me Soo is actually a woman? And her name is Ari?" Jimin questioned, his eyes wide as the sky.

Yoongi nodded, his hands folded on his chest.

"And you decided to conceal that from all of us? Really Hyung? I cannot believe this!" He grunted. He was genuinely hurt, everyone was. But his anger bursted out earlier than the rest. He went through a wave of emotions when he realised that Ari was actually Soo and she was a boy. He was so disdainful that he fell in love with a false entity only to realise that it was all a foul's play.

"I hate you Hyung," he said, tears pricking his eyes as he stormed out of the ward. Taehyung followed him, not because he was as angry, because he was the only one who witnessed how much his friend has struggled to get over his feelings.

"What in fucking hell is this?" Namjoon questioned.

"How the fuck can you not tell us, Hyung? This... this would ruin everything. Our career, our hardwork, everything. Everything would be in ruins."

"We can find a way out-"

"THERE'S NO WAY OUT OF THIS!" He yelled making RaIm flinch.

"Stop shouting. She's asleep," Yoongi passed.

"DO YOU THINK LIKE I FUCKING CARE?"

"She lost her sister dammit! She lost the one for whom she was doing all this!" Yoongi grunted protectively.

Namjoon exhaled a steadying breath, not knowing what he should do. He was boiling with anger but he cannot let it out, he was pained by his juniors misery but he cannot do anything, he was scared of their mere future but he had no way out. His clenched jaw and fisted hands displayed it.

"I really trusted you Hyung," he said as a whisper, his jaw clenched. "I... I just can't believe it," he added and left the room too.

"You could've told me, we could've sorted this out Yoongi," Jin claimed.

"I just couldn't. It all happened in a jiffy-"

"Just leave it, it's no point talking to you," he said and followed the path of the three others.

Jungkook bit his lower lip, he was awfully pained knowing the loss she had to suffer. A slight blooming too, in his heart for she was a girl. He had started questioning his sexuality nowadays. Not that he is a homophobe but somewhere he never thought he was gay. He walked upto her nervously, watching her breathe calmly.

RaIm's phone rang in between and she had to take her leave for her classes.

"I'm not leaving," Hoseok said. Yoongi was taken aback.

"Why?"

"Because that's not what a family would do. Yes, I am angry and frustrated but she had reasons and I fear, I would have done something similar if I was there. Now that she is aggrieved, I won't just leave her alone."

The gratefulness he felt in the moment was immense, "Thank you."

"That was for her. Not for you. You could've told me. We would have done something. It wouldn't reach here if you trusted us Hyung."

He gulped, "I just couldn't. I couldn't. I am sorry."

"You love her, don't you?" He questioned abruptly making Yoongi look into his eyes.

"You love her. Right?"

Tears fell down his eyes, he was so guilty for loving her. He shouldn't have but it's not like he could help it.

His forearm obscured his eyes. Hoseok went ahead to embrace him.

"I'm sorry," he said, "I couldn't help falling for her. I love her and I don't know what to do now. I cannot watch her broken, it hurts me. It aches right in my heart. I haven't experienced something so agonizing ever."

"She'll make it through, life's not fair," the younger added, motioning his hand down his back.

Jungkook heard this and this was where his actual pain started. His Hyung was in love with the person he had his heart on. He didn't wanted to leave just then, but the awkwardness was such that he just wanted to runaway and ponder over all that was happening. And so he did, once after taking a view of her pale face, imprinting it in his brain.

•••

(A/N: This is a mess.)