Ι

20:48 PM- victoria's pov

the second she pressed send, her heart picked up its pace.

victoriadeangelis
i'm home
seen may 16th, 20:47 PM

she saw it.
there's no going back now.

she sees she's typing, but after a moment it disappears.

victoria sighs and fidgets with her uncut blonde hair. it's been a while since she got a haircut and she has split ends, which she's been actively ignoring for the past months.

she leans against a cold, concrete wall and she shivers lightly at the sudden contact.
this sudden change on temperature on her skin actually helped her snap back to reality.

she paces awkwardly on the sidewalk as she continuously checks her phone. still nothing.

"at least she saw it" she mutters to herself.

she decides to wait a bit longer.

the five minutes become ten and the ten are on their way to fifteen, when she finally decides that she needs to go home.

"victoria you seriously are desperate" she mutters as she grabs her suitcase and bass and starts walking home.

all of a sudden her phone rings, pulling her out of her messy thoughts yet again.

"ciao edgar" she chirps as soon as she picks up.

"ciao vic" the brunette replies "are you on your way from luna's? do you need a ride or something?"

"i could use a ride to be honest" the blonde girl admits as she keeps walking.

"how did it go?" he asks honestly.

"she wasn't at home. i texted her and she read it but she didn't reply"

"i see" ethan goes quiet for a few seconds before speaking again "anyways, i will come pick you up, where are you exactly?"

"right outside the restaurant we used to eat when we were in high school. you know, the one we carved 'måneskin' on one of their tables?"

"yeah yeah, wait there i'm on my way"

"okay! see you soon!" she says cheerfully and hangs up.

she sets her stuff next to her and sits on the sidewalk, pulling her earbuds out of her backpack to keep her busy while she waits for ethan.

'master of puppets' starts playing as she watches the few people who are out in the area walk past her.

looking at this place brings back memories. happy, nostalgic ones but also painful ones.

this is where she took luna on their first date, almost two years ago.
it has already been that long, huh? if she focuses enough, she could probably still recall their conversation from that day.

...

"and you guys seriously carved that?" luna said in disbelief, mouth half stuffed with panini.

"yep!" the older said proudly and sat back on her chair "more specifically, i wrote it. none of these morons could have made letters this clear and pretty"

the two girls laughed at victoria's sarcastic comment as they ate.

this didn't feel much like a first date, probably because they'd known eachother beforehand.
but luna didn't know everything about victoria like victoria didn't know everything about luna.

and victoria was serious enough to share with luna one of her most favourite places in the world; that small restaurant hidden away in a not so busy street near their school.

...

victoria chuckled at the memory. she still remembers how cute luna looked even while her mouth was stuffed with food.

those were the good times. before all the fame and success hit and forced them to pull away from eachother.

a little after the band had returned from a small tour during july, the two girls had fought.

but not some small fight. luna was furious that day.

she was screaming and crying, her olive skin almost red from all the tension that was finally being released after it had been building up for god knows how long.

the reason? as expected, she felt left behind. she felt like victoria was moving on without her, going on tours, living life, while she was stuck in her apartment writing boring assignments.
luna wanted her there at all times. she needed her there. they both did, but that simply could not happen.

but victoria had yelled that day too. to be fair, it was hard for both of them.

but with every word they spat out, the tight rope which held them together got even tighter; overwhelmingly tighter.

they both felt it, but they didn't say a word.

at some point they made up, but they could both sense that this couldn't go on for much longer.

then, one warm afternoon of august, victoria asked her to break up.

to her surprise, the other girl agreed. she tried hiding it through bad jokes and fake smiles but her entire body was showing how hurt she was.

and victoria couldn't bare watching the girl she loved most in the whole world be in that state partly because of her, so she decided to walk out of her life.

and she had succeeded, until that party on the eighteenth of september.

the night when she realised that she cannot live without luna.

but she also knew that being next to her would ruin them all over again.

and that's when she turned to ludovica. a truly horrible decision, as she realised the morning after, when damiano had briefly explained to her what happened, not going into detail as in why luna was hurt -that being luna's only request.

not only because that was her ex's best friend, but because it was a sad attempt of her trying to stay away from luna.

again, fucking luna's best friend was simply a bad idea.
even when it came to someone else, she still needed to connect that someone to luna somehow.

pathetic, pathetic, pathetic!

that word was all over her head when she realised what she'd done.

she had already booked tickets to denmark when she went over at luna's, seven months ago.

but she needed to get it done before leaving.
make sure luna knew how important she is to her before disappearing again.

she hoped luna would understand, bur she wouldn't blame her if she refused to.

she was the one to leave again anyways.

a loud honk snapped her out of her thoughts as she flinched at the noise.

"over here vic!" ethan yelled at the girl from the other side of the street, where he'd parked his car.

the girl pulled herself up, gathered all her things and ran to her friend, who pulled her in a suffocating hug when she got to him.

his scent was all she needed. now she knows she is finally home.

.

.

.
y'all seriously thought i wouldn't give u a sequel? damn i spoil you, don't i?

anyways long ass update bcs there was a lot to unpack but the chapters to come will probably be shorter :)