VII

7 PM— luna's pov

i settle on the large couch in the living room as the band goes to practice for a bit before calling it a day.

chilli walks up to me and lies next to my leg, giving my ankle a couple of licks to get my attention.

ciao bella” i greet her sweetly and caress the soft fur on the top of her head.

the silence between me and chilli is broken by my phone buzzing.

i check the contact name.

ludo...
i sigh in frustration and pick up. i've been ignoring her messages all day anyways.

ciao” i say and i hear her go off directly into my eardrum, making me pull the phone away from my ear.

“luna where have you been all day?” she demands.

“i'm sorry, i've been busy” i say “i had morning lessons then work... you know the drill”

silence...

“okay that's a valid excuse” she finally says “i need your help”

“what for?” i ask and watch chilli tilt her head in curiosity.

“victoria” she says “she said she'll block me again”.

“well she wouldn't say that if you didn't do something that bothered her”

“i might have spammed her a little” she admits.

“there it is”

“okay maybe i shouldn't have but she can't just leave without saying a word!”

“mhm”

“but like, why is she refusing to talk to me?”

“because maybe she doesn't want to?” i state the obvious, trying to see where she's trying to get “what exactly did you tell her?”

“well i mostly asked why she left me and why she didn't say anything and why she blocked me and stuff” she explains.

how she left you? if she left someone that was probably me.

“ludo i don't know if you will like this” i take a deep breath “but maybe she just doesn't want to see you again? not all friendships last forever you know that”

“yeah but you can't just fuck me, then never talk to me again and expect me to be okay with it!” she protests.

“ludo that's the whole point of hookups” i sigh “and it wasn't just a hookup you literally hit on my ex”

silence again.

“ludo? are you still there?”

“yeah i am” she says, her tone less energetic than before “but i think i figured it out”

“and by that you mean...?” i question her.

“luna” she says slowly “vic doesn't want to see me again”

“uh huh...?” i say, not sure what she means by that and yet stating the obvious.

“but that's because” she pauses for a second, as if she's putting together a puzzle “she's still in love with you

.

.

.