VIII

8 PM— victoria's pov

the band walks inside the living room, finding luna sitting on the couch cross-legged, watching something on her phone.

buonasera amore mio” victoria yells and snaps the younger girl back to reality.

“oh hello” she simply says and pauses the video she was watching, tossing the device to the side and getting up.

luna swings her arm over victoria's shoulders as the two follow their three male friends into the kitchen.

“so in terms of food, we have no food” damiano announces once he's finished checking the fridge for any leftovers.

“should we order something?” thomas asks the others.

“i can cook something” luna proposes from where she's sat on top of one of the counters. 

all four heads turn to look at her.
“like what?” damiano asks.

the younger girl shrugs.
“i mean whatever you have available could work” she says “i could make a pizza. i know how to make dough from scratch, it's not that hard”

“you are not cooking by yourself in my kitchen” thomas protests “you might burn it down”

“as if you are a better cook” victoria snaps, defending luna.

“so what will it be?” damiano cuts in impatiently, already holding his phone ready to call the nearby pizza place.

“i'll help luna cook something” ethan offers.

“thank you sweetie” luna says and pats ethan's hair “see? your friend over here is willing to help me!”

“i will only accept this because i trust ethan with cooking” thomas snaps and gets dragged out of the kitchen by damiano and victoria, who decided to find a movie to watch later when the food is ready.

~~~~

8 PM—

“pizza's ready!” luna yells from the kitchen and food critique thomas bursts inside the room to try it.

“i believe that this will please your taste buds” luna says dramatically, ethan frowning at the scene unfolding before him.

“okay yeah, this is great” he says with his mouth full, breaking character.

“let's get it to the living room, shall we?” ethan proposes and lifts up the tray, his two youngest friends following him like little ducklings.

luna settles between victoria and damiano and folds her legs to sit more comfortably, not noticing how victoria's heart skipped a beat and how she felt the need to scream at the skin on skin contact their exposed arms were having.

“so, what are we watching?” luna asks and takes a bite off of her pizza.

“legally blonde” damiano announces.

“seriously?” thomas reacts.

“yeah, what's wrong with it?” ethan steps in, defending damiano.

“put on something scary!” the blond insists.

“thomas, we are trying to eat” luna cuts in “and horror movies twist my guts. so unless you want me puking on your fluffy white carpet, we're watching legally blonde”

“several valid points were made” thomas gives up and sinks in his seat.

they all go quiet as damiano searches for the movie online, the only sound being the gentle tapping on the keyboard.

luna shifts in her seat a little, her thigh brushing roughly on victoria's. the blonde girl's breath hitches for a second, but so quietly that no one notices.

luna sets her plate on the coffee table in front of her and stretches her arms and legs, settling even closer to the older girl, with the cheap excuse that ‘she's cold’.

so now victoria is basically losing her composure as the seemingly naive girl next to her scoots closer and closer and slides into the older's embrace.

for a few seconds their breathing is synchronised and their eyes are trying to meet one another.

for those few moments, it felt as if time was running like a very thick liquid; painfully slowly but so satisfying.

and as the two girls were starting to lose control over their actions, damiano hit play and the movie started playing, snapping them out of their slowmo bubble.

.

.

.
ooooohhhh