XI

7 PM— victoria's pov

june is here and the heat is already starting to rise, reminding those who prefer the chilly season of winter that they can't wear their beloved hoodies anymore.

as for victoria, she hasn't had the time to even notice that summer is here.

not even twenty four hours after she returned to rome, their manager threw all the piled up work that had to be done right on them.

thankfully, during the time the band was on hiatus, damiano had gotten creative.
in fact, he had many songs ready to be sung.

so for around two weeks, all victoria had been able to do is eat, play the bass and attend interviews.

while before some of the most asked questions were ‘are victoria and damiano dating?’ or ‘what's your sexuality?’, the most asked question now is —as expected— ‘why did victoria leave so suddenly?’.

and the answer was always the same, scripted excuse.

‘this is personal information, i cannot answer this’

it did save her from having to explain further in detail, aka lie at thousands of people at the same time. plus, she doesn't really like to lie.

so now, after one more tiring day, the four musicians are finally allowed to relax a little.

“rianna just texted me” ethan announces from where he was sitting on the couch, holding up his phone for his bandmates to see their manager's contact name on the screen.

“and what did she say?” thomas asks, being unable to read the message from where he was sitting. 

their manager, rianna, is a true gem to them. she's new to the job but somehow manages quite well.

“she is asking if we have figured out whether we are going to release an album or a single” ethan continues.

“alright” damiano claps to get everyone's attention “what do you guys have to propose?”

“i think we should release a single first” victoria finally speaks and stops petting chili “you know, to give the fans a little taste before giving them an album. plus it buys us some more time”

“alright, any objections to vic's idea?” damiano asks and looks at the two remaining males in the room.

“no, i agree with her” ethan says and thomas nods along.

“great” the oldest says “which song will it be?”

damiano's question sparked a very long conversation between the four, which in the end left them with two options; follow or lost.

both songs had already been recorded sometime during the previous week, so they didn't have to worry about the recordings.

“so we have two votes for follow and two votes for lost” victoria says “we need one more vote”

“should we ask rianna?”

“she hasn't listened to any of the songs yet, only read the lyrics” damiano dismisses the idea.

“idea!” thomas says and claps his hands “vic, text luna. she's listened to both songs already”

“why me?” the blonde asks, not reaching for her phone.

“because everyone can tell you've been looking for an excuse to text her for hours now” thomas explains “so here is your excuse”

“cobra! you're a genius!” damiano high-fives the younger and the three boys cheer on victoria as she sighs in defeat and goes to text luna.

victoriadeangelis
think fast
lost or follow?
as a single release
seen june 1st, 20:00 PM

lunarr
i vote for lost
it can stand by itself as a single more than close
in my humble opinion 😌😌
lmk when you have a winner
seen june 1st, 20:00 PM

“suck on that, lost won” the danish girl announces proudly, that being the song she also voted for.

“alright then tell rianna that our new release is going to be lost” damiano says excitedly.

“on it” the brunette boy says as he is already typing on his phone.

~~~~

9 PM— victoria's pov

ethan and damiano have already left, leaving the two blonds in their shared apartment.

they are sitting in comfortable silence as thomas is lazily flipping through the pages of a magazine he found thrown on the coffee table while victoria is busy texting someone on her phone, smiling like an idiot.

then, she felt something nudge her thigh; a foot, to be specific.

“what is it cobra?” she asks, looking up at him, not even trying to hide the bright blush that has crept on her cheeks.

“my god you look like a tomato” the younger comments and she smacks him lightly.

“is that why you nudged me?” the girl says sarcastically.

“no, i just wanted to remind you to tell her” the guitarist says confidently.

“tell what to who?”

“aw come on, vic! don't play dumb! you've been smiling at your phone while texting and you rarely ever do that” the blond says “if you don't tell her i will. you already know she isn't the type who makes the first move”

the bassist scoffs but she doesn't walk out of the conversation.
“but what if i ruin our friendship, thomas? i wouldn't be able to live with that”

“life is full of risks” thomas says poetically “and i think this one is worth taking”

“since when are you so wise, cobra?” victoria says and ruffles the younger's blond hair.

“ai, ai vic! a magician has his secrets” he says while smacking away her hand, laughing.

“fine, fine you can have your secrets” victoria concludes.

“grazie” the boy replies “but please listen to me for once”

“sure but how? if i tell her from up close i will trip over my own words” the girl says desperately.

“write her a letter” he shrugs and resumes his aimless flicking through the magazine.

even if thomas said it so simply, to victoria it was the solution to her current problem.

“thomas you are a treasure” she jumps up from the couch and plants a strong kiss on the younger's cheek before rushing to her room to start writing.

.

.

.
long chapter once again