II

9 PM— luna's pov

as soon as i read her message, i forgot how to use words. whatever i wrote sounded weird and wrong so i kept erasing it and trying again.

in the end i gave up.
i didn't know what to say and her message wasn't exactly helping me.

'i'm home'
this doesn't indicate whether you want to see me right now or just felt like letting me know, victoria.

maybe i am just overthinking. maybe she just wanted to tell me 'hey, i am back from my sudden trip to denmark, just thought you'd like to know'. but why does it feel like she meant more than that?

"snap out of it, luna" i scold myself as i struggle to shove my phone in my back pocket, where it previously was.

it has gotten dark, so i rush home. as i am fiddling with my keys, trying to find the right one, i notice a piece of paper, hurriedly folded and shoved inside my mailbox, but put in a way that one could easily notice it.

i take it without checking inside and unlock the door.

when i get inside my apartment i take a quick shower and change into an old t-shirt and a pair of shorts.

when i have finally set down on my couch, i decide to open the mysterious piece of paper.

on one side it says ‘for luna’, in victoria's distinctive hand writing.

i check to see if there is anything on the paper hinting how long it's been here, but i don't spot anything, and it was definitely not there when i left for my walk earlier.

“so she was here” i mutter as unfold the paper.

it's a torn notebook page. judging by her letters, she wrote it last minute.

on it there is only the phrase ‘we need to talk’.

straight to the point. i appreciate that.

now you may be wondering, why didn't she just text me or call me?

well, victoria and i have always had this thing when we would give eachother hand-written notes and letters instead of texting or calling. we just liked it that way.

after we broke up —when we also lost contact in general— we stopped doing this.
she actually brought it back when she slid that letter under my door.

seven.

months.

ago.

which doesn't sound like a lot, but it was enough time for me to heal. if you'd asked me seven months ago if i were ready to face her again, i would have said ‘no, not in a million years’.

i was hurt. of course i was hurt, who wouldn't be? but i also finally understood the situation.

and i was finally ready to talk about it anew, so i pulled out my phone and typed in a quick text;

lunarr
i found the note
and i agree
plus it's been a while since we last spoke
sent may 16th, 21:30 PM

i toss my phone to the side and grab the book i am currently reading; ‘nana’ by zola.

i haven't even gotten to read two pages when my phone buzzes again.

victoriadeangelis
can i come over?
seen may 16th, 21:35 PM

i hesitated a little. isn't it a bit rushed?

“you know what? fuck it” i say out loud and start typing.

lunarr
sure
seen may 16th, 21:36 PM

.

.

.

don't ask me why i write luna in first person and vic in third bcs idek why i just prefer it that way