XIII

9:45 AM— luna's pov

my heart is going crazy inside my chest and i can barely breathe.

did i really just read this?

no i must me crazy.

but here it is, with clear letters; ‘i am still in love with you’.

but what should i do? we have to talk about this.

but i have class...

“fuck it” i say almost too loudly and push my way out of the bus, which has just stopped.

i get off and start running. but that's when it occured to me; i have no idea where she is right now.

i stop on my tracks and i try to decide whether i should call her or not.

in the end, i decide to call her.

i sit on a half wall and open the contacts app.

her number is at the very top, still being one of the few contacts i have saved as favourites.

i take a deep breath and click ‘call’.

it beeps four times before she picks up.

“ciao luna, what's up?” she asks, a hint of confusion in her voice.

“where are you right now?” i urge her.

“we are rehearsing right now, why?”

“we need to talk” i try to sound serious but my excitement breaks through and i smile at nobody like an idiot.

“so you found my letter” she says, her voice slightly dropping.

“so you're at your place?” i ask.

“yes”

“great! i'm coming over”

“i don't—”

“—of course she does, we were about to take a break anyways” damiano interrupts her by taking the phone.

“alright” i say “see you”

“ciaoo” damiano says and he hangs up, not fast enough for me to not here vic let out a stressed scream.

i laugh at myself and i stop a taxi, not being close enough to the house to get there by foot.

i fidget excitedly on my seat as the driver drives me quietly around the busy streets.

the money i have on me is just enough to pay the driver, who waved me goodbye with a kind smile and drove off the second my feet touched the sidewalk outside victoria and thomas' shared house.

i take a deep breath and ring the bell.

...

silence.

as i am about to ring again, the door swings open and thomas, ethan and damiano basically get thrown on me.

“damn vic, you're stronger than you look” thomas, who was the one to get the other two thrown on him, whines and rubs his back where damiano accidentally elbowed him.

“never underestimate a de angelis i guess” damiano scoffs and checks to see if he accidentally bruised thomas anywhere as ethan sighed and rubbed his forehead.

“what's going on?” i ask as ethan grabs damiano and thomas, one hand each, and starts dragging the other two boys with him.

“me and these two are going for a small walk” ethan clarifies as he's dragging away the other two.

“yeah and your girlfriend over here kicked us out of my house for this, so you two better actually figure shit out” thomas emphasises and gets flipped off by victoria's middle finger as she smoothly reaches for my hand.

“it's my house as well, now vaffanculo” she says and pulls me inside.

as soon as the door closes we don't move. there's a weird tension between us, something like excitement mixed with anxiety.

“so?” she says, her gaze switching from my eyes to the letter in my hand.

“so, i read your letter” i begin to talk.

“and?”

“it was... a very sweet letter” i add and look around like a lost puppy. why do i forget how to speak when i really need to?? 

“but...?” she says, her voice having a hint of disappointment, expecting to get rejected any second now and already having accepted her fate.

“but you could have warned me at least! do you have any idea how close i got to a heart attack inside the fucking bus while reading this??” i finally say “I WAS SO HAPPY I ALMOST FUCKING SCREAMED YOU IDIOT”

she looks at me, confusion painted all over her face.

“what?”

“i love you too, you dumbass” i elaborate and watch in amusement as her expression switches to a dumb, bright, wide smile as she lets out a huge sigh of relief.

“i— i mean, i was honestly expecting you to reject me and—”

“no, no i seriously thought you didn't see me that way. i mean i thought it was a joke at first but the letter seemed so serious and you never watch how clean your handwriting is unless you're very serious so i had mixed feelings and i couldn't figure out what i was supposed to do but in the end i decided to skip class and come here and—” i start rambling off, finally letting out the sea of thoughts i've had inside my head for so long.

“luna, for once in my life i will have to shut you up the movie way” she says and smashes our lips together, me returning the kiss instantly, holding her close to me and refusing to let go of her, even when we had stopped kissing.

this felt right.

—victoria's pov

being in her arms was the last missing
piece; now victoria was definitely home.

END