X

12 PM— luna's pov

around a week passes in which i don't get to see victoria at all, given that since she's back there's a lot that needs to be done.

right now i'm out with a couple of friends from uni. we decided to sit at the piazza and sketch whatever caught our eye.

i mean we are art students so practice is usually welcome.

we are sitting in comfortable silence, letting the noises of the people passing us by do the talking instead of us as we are all focused on our sketches.

“done!” lucia, a redhead a year older than us proudly announces, her freckled face shining with pride as she held up her sketchbook for us to take a look.

my jaw drops.
we're supposed to be doing quick sketches but she leveled it up a little.
on the medium sized paper is drawn the entire piazza before us, small food stands and all.

“lucia this is amazing” i say and she beams with pride.

a part inside me is a little bit jealous, but if art has taught me one thing is that i should never compare my level seven to someone else's level twelve.

learning isn't a fast process for everyone.

“cazzo how did you even make this so quickly?” my other friend, david says and looks at the medium sized paper in disbelief, even going an extra mile to make his reaction more dramatic by lowering his glasses.
to picture it better, imagine your parent trying to look at something on their phone, but instead of holding it away from their face they are holding it almost against it.

“i'm done too” the youngest of our group, rosalie, announces and holds up a quick sketch of the breathtaking water fountain before us.

“okay that's it, no more quick sketching the piazza, time to do faces” david announces and flips a new page on his sketchbook, then adds “of course i love your drawings girls but i also need to flex something that i'm good at. you know, to boost my already huge ego”

“at least he's honest” rosalie shrugs and we all laugh as she earns a light punch from david, who then proceeds to flip me and lucia off before unlocking his phone in an attempt to find someone to draw.

we all get to work again, each one of us having decided who to draw. lucia picked one of the many reference pictures she's got on her phone, rosalie picked a random picture of some singer she likes and david dived right into the deep, by choosing a black and white picture of a woman screaming in distress; he is obviously determined to get this one to be perfect.

i pick up my pencil as well and start sketching out a random shape for the face.

i don't have anyone specific in mind. slowly it becomes obvious that the person i am drawing is a woman.

i roughly sketch out the eyes, then her nose and her lips, adding light boxes indicating where the eyebrows should go.

only when i gave her hair she started to look awfully familiar.

“who are you drawing?” david peeks over my shoulder and lets out a light chuckle when he realises who that person looks like.

“what is it?” lucia interrupts her sketch to peep over my shoulder as well, causing rosalie to copy her.

“you are so helplessly in love luna” rosalie teases “you can even draw her from memory!”

ferme ta bouche, toi!” i shut her up using the few french i know, that being her mother tongue, causing her to giggle at my horrible accent.
(translation: close/shut your mouth)

“come onnnn” david whined “you can't keep pretending you don't want her back!”

“but what if it's a bad idea?”

“luna, you know i would never tell you to get back with an ex unless i saw at least a single ray of hope at the end of the tunnel” the brunette boy says “and boy i can even see the end of the fucking tunnel”

“this was so poetic” rosalie comments.

“just because you're the french girl here doesn't mean that i am any less of a poet than you, my beloved croissant eater” he snaps back.

“enough with that childish shit, let's get back to work” lucia scolds us “but luna please talk to her, i'm sure things will work out this time”

i nod and smile at all three of them as we all slowly drift back into our focus bubbles.

i continue to work on victoria's accidental portrait and time flies by frustratingly fast.

by the time i have started shading the face, rosalie breaks the silence between us.

“i'm hungry” she announces as she sets down her sketchbook and 2B pencil.

“me too” david says and also sets down his sketch.

“what do you guys wanna eat?” lucia asks and starts to collect her things.

“i bet luna wants to eat vi—” david begins to say but i smack him with my sketchbook.

“ouch! you bitch” he whines and rubs his arm.

“very funny david” i say dryly and zip up my backpack.

we all get up and start making our way to the restaurant rosalie had mentioned while we were still sat down.

even if i was seemingly distracted, my mind was running laps around a certain blonde bassist and her accidental portrait.

.

.

.
long-ish chapter again hehe